Special Hockey International (Canada)
Service: Kawartha Komets Special Needs Hockey Program
|Record #: PET0626||Last Modified: 30 Mar 2015||Last Full Update: 09 Feb 2015|
|Description (Service)||* Recreational ice hockey for children, teens, and adults who for cannot play regular minor hockey due to physical, emotional, and/or neuro-developmental challenges such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down Syndrome, ADHD, Tourettes Syndrome.
* Guaranteed equal playing time.
* Teamed according to ability.
* Progress at own rate, no pressure.
* Will assist players to obtain equipment.
* Utilizes experienced coaching staff and volunteers who have background in working with players with challenges
|Hours||Schedule includes a one-hour-per-week game or practice October- March. Scheduled games are both in town and out of town, but out of town travel is not required for players/families who cannot or do not wish to travel.
|Areas Served||Peterborough (County of)|
|Boundaries||Within 65 mile radius of Peterborough.|
|Eligibility||Ages: 5 year(s) - 50 year(s)
Must be able to stand on skates. Males & Females welcome. Can provide some equipment. Qualified coaches and volunteers. Summer Barbecue/Picnic. Yearly tournament when possible and additional social gatherings.
|Application||Registration can take place at any time during the year - see website for details.|
|Fees||Service - $275 per season (2013) includes team jersey & socks, ice rental, liability insurance, year end banquet ticket ($50 value), referee fees ; * Service- $275 per person(2015) includes team jersey & socks, ice rental, liability insurance, year end banquet ($50 value), referee fees;
* Various funding options possible. Some applications for funding need to be made January 1st & July 1st. Some scholarship funds may be available for eligible applicants.
* Fee assistance available for eligible applicants- no one is turned away.
* Fee assistance available for eligible applicants. * Fee assistance available for eligible applicants.
|Address and Location|
|Located In Community||Peterborough (County of)|
|Address & Map||
1153 Neptune St
Peterborough, ON K9H 7S8
|Intersection||Towerhill Rd - Neptune St|
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible - hockey only|
|After Hours Phone||705-868-8825|
|Fax||705-750-0655 call first|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/Jack-McGee-Kawartha-Komets-Special-Needs-Hockey-Program/152059364813314
|Primary Contact||Carol Fisher, Executive Director|
|Alternate Contact||David Fisher, Director of Promotions, Communications & Media Relations; Phone: 705-745-2830|
|Primary Executive||Jim Glynn, President; Phone: 705-745-9648|
|Alternate Executive||Robert Prole, Treasurer; Phone: 705-748-6928|
|Mailing Address||c/o Carol Fisher
1153 Neptune Street
Peterborough, ON K9H 7S8