Service: Scanlon Creek Nature Centre - Outdoor Environmental Education Program
|Record #: ALL0065||Last Modified: 18 Dec 2018||Last Full Update: 04 Apr 2018|
|Description (Service)||Nature Centre situated in the Scanlon Creek Conservation Area, offering outdoor and environmental education programs. These include:
* Scanlon Creek Field Trips - specializes in experiential, curriculum-based learning for students (K to Grade 12 including SHSM) and teachers.
* Outreach Education - if unable to visit at Scanlon Creek, Outreach Educators can come to the class or community group meeting. Choose from complimentary watershed presentations or outdoor experiential learning with hands-on activities.
* Training and workshops - training and professional development workshops for teachers and other community groups.
* Camps - variety of camps each year, including PA Day, March Break and summer camp.
* Badge Blitz - scouts and guides earn up to 2 badges in one fun-filled day in nature - May 26, 2018
|Hours||Vary, call for details|
|Areas Served||Durham Region ; Peel Region ; Simcoe County ; York Region|
|Application||Application forms available online|
|Fees||Call or email for information.|
|Address and Location|
|Located In Community||Bradford West Gwillimbury|
|Address & Map||
2450 9th Conc
Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON
View Google Map
|Intersection||9th Conc and Hwy 11|
|Physical Access||Partially Accessible|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-465-0437|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/lakesimcoeconservation
|Primary Contact||Nicole Hamley, Education Manager, Lake Simcoe Region Coservation Authority; Phone: ext 243; Email: email@example.com|
|Primary Executive||Brian Kemp, General Manager, Conservation Lands; Phone: ext 289|
|Mailing Address||c/o Lake Simcoe Region Conservation Authority
120 Bayview Pkwy
Newmarket, ON L3Y 3W3