Animal Cruelty Complaints

Site: No Physical Location

Description (Service) Report suspected animal abuse 
For animal cruelty complaints of abuse or neglect, the Provincial Animal Welfare Service (through the Ministry of the Solicitor General) has 24/7 animal abuse hotline * Call to report incidents of animals in distress or locked in vehicles and officers will be dispatched * Provide as many details as possible, including the type of cruelty witnessed, the date of the incident, where it took place and who was involved * All information remains confidential 
Animal cruelty can be also reported anonymously with Crime Stoppers - 1-800-222-8477 (1-800-222-TIPS) 
Municipal law enforcement is not responsible for the removal of nuisance wildlife (ie skunks, racoons); this is the responsibility of the home owner * For information or to report a missing or stray cat or dog, please call your municipal animal control officer 
For concerns about sick or injured wildlife in the wild - contact the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry at 1-877-847-7667 
Ontario Farm Animal Care Helpline Services - call 519-837-1326 for assistance for farmers who are unwilling or unable to maintain acceptable conditions for their farm animals (or if you are a farmer experiencing difficulties)
Service Details
Public Comments Grey Bruce SPCA in Hanover has closed; there is no local OSPCA location in Grey or Bruce
Hours Vary
Areas Served Ontario
Eligibility No restrictions
Application Call for information
Languages English
Fees None
Address and Location
Located In Community Central Ontario
Address & Map Stouffville, ON
Physical Access Not Applicable
Contact Information
Toll Free Phone 24 hr Ontario-wide reporting animal abuse or neglect: 1-833-926-4625 (1-833-9ANIMAL)

Agency Overview