|Record #: CWD0845||Last Modified: 16 Oct 2020||Last Full Update: 08 Feb 2019|
|Description (Service)||Free clinic for individuals unable to complete their income tax and benefit return themselves, the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP) may be able to assist.
By appointment at three library branches: Lakeshore, Stroud, and Cookstown.
* Lakeshore: March 6, 7, 13, 14, 20, 21, 27, 28; 6 pm-9 pm
* Stroud: April 3, 10, 17; 6 pm-9 pm
* Cookstown: April 6, 13; 11 am-2 pm
|Eligibility||These suggested maximum income levels should serve as a guideline only.
One person Up to $30,000
One person with one dependant Up to $35,000
Couple Up to $40,000
Local community organizations have the flexibility to adjust or set additional eligibility criteria for taxpayers based on the local economic environment, the population they serve, and their own capacity.
Volunteers do not prepare tax returns for individuals:
* who are self-employed or have employment expenses
* with business income and expenses
* with rental income and expenses
* with interest income over $1,000
* who are completing returns for deceased persons
* who file for bankruptcy
* who have capital gains or losses
Eligible taxpayers normally served by the CVITP include:
* Low-income individuals and social assistance recipients
* Newcomers to Canada
|Application||Call to book an appointment|
|Address and Location|
|Site Location||Cookstown branch: 20 Church Street, Cookstown * Lakeshore branch: 967 Innisfil Beach Road, Innisfil * Stroud branch: 7883 Yonge Street, Innisfil|
|Located In Community||Innisfil|
|Address & Map||
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|