Aging In Place - A Wonderful Life at Home
|Record #: CWD1292||Last Modified: 19 Oct 2020||Last Full Update: 11 Sep 2020|
|Description (Service)||Assists individuals in assessing the current home in terms of safely, ability to live independently and comfortably regardless of age, income or ability levels * Works with individuals to research ideas and resources needed to design and build/modify barrier-free living environments
An initial assessment would include but not be limited to such items as:
* Condition of walk and driveway surface: are handrails or ramps need; are house numbers visible at night from the street?
* Condition of floors and hallway: are they level, wide enough and clear of clutter; are there any area rugs or trip hazards?
* Bathroom amenities: is sink basin and tub safely accessible and equipped with necessary safety features such as grab bars or tub/shower support?
* Kitchen and living areas: is lighting appropriate for tasks to be completed; are levels of work services, appliances, shelving and storage accessible and adequate?
* In an emergency, is there easy access to home phone or cell phone?
|Hours||Mon-Fri 9 am-6 pm * Evening and weekend appointment available upon request|
|Areas Served||Simcoe County - and surrounding area|
Individuals who are not experiencing health issues related to aging
Individuals who have a progressive or other condition that requires home modifications or equipment
Individuals who are dealing with an abrupt or traumatic health-related change
|Application||Call for an assessment|
|Fees||Service ; Call for more information|
|Address and Location|
|Located In Community||Wasaga Beach|
|Address & Map||
Wasaga Beach, ON
|Physical Access||Not Applicable|
|Primary Contact||Veronica Rita Vescio-Wrigley, Certified Aging In Place Specialist|