SickKids Centre for Community Mental Health
Site: Blue Mountains
Service: Farm Program
|Record #: CWD2523||Last Modified: 12 Feb 2018||Last Full Update: 29 Jan 2018|
|Description (Service)||The Farm Residential Program is a family-based program, located on a 100-acre property about 180 kilometers northwest of Toronto, near Collingwood, Ontario. It provides voluntary residential treatment to sixteen adolescents (male/female/gender variant), aged 12 to 17. Youth in this program are engaged in a variety of therapeutic activities that are designed to immerse them in the natural environment. Clients also attend the on-site school, which is run in partnership with the Bluewater District School Board (BDSB). Clients return home for weekends, every two-weeks and the program has capacity to support family visits and therapeutic work onsite with accommodations available for family members.
How the program can help:
* The primary focus is to facilitate the individual needs of each youth in order to develop DBT-informed coping skills and promote growth, self-esteem and strengthen academic, emotional, and interpersonal skills.
* Youth have home visits every second weekend and the program has capacity to support family visits and therapeutic work onsite with accommodations available for family members.
* The program uses a multi-disciplinary DBT-informed approach when providing therapeutic care (milieu, family therapy, group, individual, recreational, educational, social skills, unique cultural celebrations) to facilitate an individualized and normalized understanding and response to treatment issues.
* The treatment teams are multi-disciplinary, composed of child and youth workers, social workers, nursing staff, teachers, staff psychiatrists and trainees of several disciplines, and provide family, group and individual therapy, and referral for external specialized consultation.
* Clients of the Farm Residential Program attend a therapeutic section 23 school program, operated in collaboration with the Bluewater District School Board and located onsite of the Farm Residential Program.
Treatment team includes program manager, program supervisor, psychiatrist, family therapist, nurse, child and youth care practitioners, and administrative assistant.
|Hours||Office: Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Central Ontario|
|Eligibility||Ages: 12 year(s) - 17 year(s)
Adolescents who require a more intensive service than can be provided on an out-patient basis.
The youth must be medically stable and not in immediate crisis.
Adolescent and family/guardian commitment to engagement with treatment required (no youth only referrals) and have a stable living situation
|Application||.Clients must be referred through Centralized Access to Residential Services (CARS) and have their service provider submit the referral. Local youth eligible with Ministry approval. Call for intake assessment|
|Address and Location|
|Located In Community||Blue Mountains|
|Address & Map||
Blue Mountains, ON
View Google Map
|Physical Access||Partially Accessible - Via front entrance|
|Toll Free Phone||Intake toll free 1-855-944-4673 ext 8708|
|Primary Contact||Catherine Roskrow, Administrative Assistant; Phone: 519-599-3020 ext 4507|
|Primary Executive||Patricia Chehowy, Program Manager; Phone: 855-944-4673 ext 4500; Email: email@example.com|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 339
Clarksburg, ON N0H 1J0