Human Resources and Development Canada

Site: No Physical Location

Description (Service) Provides low-income families with children born since 2004 at least $500 and up to $2,000 in savings towards their post-secondary education * applications are made through the bank or trust company used by the family * a Registered Education Saving Plan (RESP) must be opened for the the application will be made for.
Service Details
Hours Not applicable
Areas Served Canada
Eligibility Ages: 15 year(s) and under 
Family must be receiving the Canada Child Benefit (CCB) or have received the National Child Benefit Supplement (NCBS) also known as the 'family allowance' or 'baby bonus', their taxes must be up to date AND:  
* child must have been born in 2004 or later  
* child must have a Social Insurance Number (SIN)  
* child must have a birth certificate or proof of citizenship or landed immigrant status  
* child must reside in Canada  
* child must be a beneficiary under an RESP
Application There are two steps to apply: 
1. Get a Social Insurance Number (SIN) for yourself and your child. There's no fee. Note that a birth certificate or proof of citizenship or landed immigrant status is required. 
2. Open an RESP account at a major bank. Parent/gaurdian must present ID to the financial institution. Your RESP provider will then apply for the grant on your behalf.  
The grant will be deposited directly into your child’s RESP. 
Further information and assistance with applying on-line can be found at this website:
Languages English ; French - Website
Fees None
Address and Location
Located In Community Toronto Downtown
Physical Access Not Applicable
Contact Information
Toll Free Phone 1-888-276-3624
Social Media YouTube YouTube:

Agency Overview