Service: Urban Aboriginal Outreach
|Record #: MID1364||Last Modified: 02 Nov 2017||Last Full Update: 02 Nov 2017|
|Description (Service)||The Homelessness Initiative seeks to:
* ensure that homeless people and those at risk of homelessness are provided longer-term housing solutions, shelter and support and prevention services.
* increase strategic engagement of partners and improved coordination and delivery of services.
* increase knowledge to support better informed policies, investment decision making and provision of services.
Assistance available to individuals includes:
* advocacy with Ontario Works, ODSP, service agencies and other sources of support
* assessment and referral to determine what the individuals situation is, what is necessary to ensure shelter and which agencies may provide suitable assistance
* a variety of assistance is available to help ensure housing is retained if it is in jeopardy of being lost, including possible financial assistance for needed services such as hydro and heating. Financial assistance is based on client need and is only accessible once.
* possible emergency shelter is available such as hotel chits.
|Hours||Mon-Thu 8:30 am-4:30 pm, Fri 8:30 am-4 pm|
|Areas Served||Simcoe North|
|Application||Call for information|
|Languages||English ; Ojibway - Programs, formal|
|Address and Location|
|Located In Community||Midland|
|Address & Map||
175 Yonge St
Midland, ON L4R 2A7
|Intersection||Yonge St and William St|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Social Media||Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/200753306632749/?ref=ts&fref=ts|
|Primary Contact||Nickee Wakelin, Urban Aboriginal Outreach Worker; Phone: ext 227|