Service: Family Services and Food Bank - Gravenhurst
|Record #: MUS0749||Last Modified: 07 Aug 2020||Last Full Update: 07 Aug 2020|
|Description (Service)||COVID-19 Response During the COVID 19 situation, the following changes in service are in place:
* Food bank is by appointment only. To book an appointment, call 705-687-2131
* Family services are available by phone, call 705-687-2131
* All other programs are suspended until further notice
Regarding utility assistance
As of August 4, 2020, the ban on disconnection for non-payment for natural gas and electricity has ended. Customer who were behind in payments prior to March should expect collection activities and disconnection notices in the following weeks.
Utilities must let a customer know their account is overdue at least seven days prior to issuing a disconnection notice.
Assistance with utility arrears is available through the usual programs (see below)
In addition there is a special program available to those whose income has been affected by the pandemic.
COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program (CEAP): for customers who are having difficulty paying their utility bills due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
* Available to consumers who have fallen behind by at least two billing cycles, but whose accounts were in good standing when provincial emergency was declared (Mar 17, 2020)
* Available for those unemployed on the date they apply for funding, and have received Employment Insurance or the Canada Emergency Response Benefit since March 17, 2020
* Provides electricity customers with up to $230 in support if they primarily use electricity for heating, or if they use energy-intensive medical devices, and up to $115 otherwise
* Provides natural gas customers with up to $160 if they reside in Northern Ontario, and up to $80 if they reside elsewhere
* Those who have received support from the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) or the Ontario Electricity Support Program in the recent past are ineligible
Applications will be available through the utility providers’ websites and will be accepted by email, mail, on-line application or by phone as of July 13, 2020.
Customers will be credited on their utility account.
For complete details and eligibility, contact your utility provider.
Provides the following programs on a case by case basis:
* intervention services for individuals or families in distress
* weekly men's drop in
* emergency food bank
* emergency services
* financial assistance may be available for utility bills and rent arrears
* summer kid's camp program
* I.D. clinic
* Summer Community Barbeque - free
* Backpack program - pick up last week in Aug
|Hours||COVID-19 Response Food Bank: by appointment
All other program: Fully Closed
Family Service office hours: Tue, Thu, Fri 9 am-12 noon * Men's drop in: Thu 12 noon-3 pm * Food Bank: Tue, Thu, Fri 1 pm-4:30 pm * Summer Community Barbeque: Thu 12 noon-1 pm
|Dates||Men's drop In: Feb-May, Sep-Nov
Summer Community Barbeque: Jul-Aug
|Areas Served||Gravenhurst - and surrounding area|
|Boundaries||Severn Bridge to Gravenhurst, including Housey's Rapids and West to Bala|
|Eligibility||Individuals or families in need|
|Application||Backpack program - register in Jul and Aug
ID, proof of expenses and income required for food bank or Backpack Program
Application form required for Christmas assistance and camps
|Address and Location|
|Located In Community||Gravenhurst|
|Address & Map||
620 Muskoka Rd N
Gravenhurst, ON P1P 1E7
View Google Map
|Intersection||Muskoka Rd N and Winewood Ave|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Primary Contact||Paul Robertson, Community & Family Services Coordinator|
|Alternate Contact||Kam Robinson, Salvation Army Lieutenant; Phone: 705-645-2602; Email: email@example.com|