|Description (Service)||The Township of Muskoka Lakes volunteer fire department is on call 24 hours a day to respond to emergency situations. The fire chief and fire fighters are trained in medical first response, auto extrication and water, ice and winter rescue.
Served by 10 Fire Stations. See website for addresses.
The Township has a Mutual Aid agreement with Seguin Township and the Town of Huntsville.
The Township of Muskoka Lakes has identified the following facilities in the emergency plan for use as evacuation centres.
1. Port Carling Community Centre (Reception Centre & Evacuation/Warming Centre/ Cooling centre)
2. Torrance Community Centre (Evacuation/Warming Centre/Cooling Centre)
3. Hekkla Community Centre (Evacuation/Warming Centre/Cooling Centre)
4. Port Carling Arena (Evacuation Overflow)
5. Milford Bay Community Centre (Evacuation Overflow & Reception)
|Hours||Office: Mon-Fri 8:15 am-4 pm
Service Mon-Sun 24 hours
|Areas Served||Muskoka Lakes Township ; Bala Fire Department services Wahta Mohawk First Nation|
|Application||Call or email for information.
Volunteer Firefighter Application form available or online or by emailing Melissa at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Address and Location
|Located In Community||Muskoka Lakes Township|
|Address & Map||
1 Bailey St
Muskoka Lakes, ON
Canada P0B 1J0
View Google Map
|Intersection||Bailey St and Hwy 118 W|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Office Phone||705-765-3156 ext 274|
|Primary Contact||Ryan Murrell, Fire Chief; Phone: ext 261; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Melissa Toner, Administration Assistant; Phone: ext 274|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 129
Port Carling, ON
Canada P0B 1J0