|Record #: MUS2245||Last Modified: 02 Nov 2020||Last Full Update: 26 Aug 2020|
|Description (Service)||COVID-19 Response Due to concerns regarding COVID-19, church services and programs are suspended * For other Family Services needs please call 705-645-2602 ext 1
Regarding utility assistance
As of August 4, 2020, the ban on disconnection for non-payment for natural gas and electricity has ended. Customer who were behind in payments prior to March should expect collection activities and disconnection notices in the following weeks.
Utilities must let a customer know their account is overdue at least seven days prior to issuing a disconnection notice.
Assistance with utility arrears is available through the usual programs (see below)
In addition there is a special program available to those whose income has been affected by the pandemic.
COVID-19 Energy Assistance Program (CEAP): for customers who are having difficulty paying their utility bills due to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
* Available to consumers who have fallen behind by at least two billing cycles, but whose accounts were in good standing when provincial emergency was declared (Mar 17, 2020)
* Available for those unemployed on the date they apply for funding, and have received Employment Insurance or the Canada Emergency Response Benefit since March 17, 2020
* Provides electricity customers with up to $230 in support if they primarily use electricity for heating, or if they use energy-intensive medical devices, and up to $115 otherwise
* Provides natural gas customers with up to $160 if they reside in Northern Ontario, and up to $80 if they reside elsewhere
* Those who have received support from the Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP) or the Ontario Electricity Support Program in the recent past are ineligible
Applications will be available through the utility providers’ websites and will be accepted by email, mail, on-line application or by phone as of July 13, 2020.
Customers will be credited on their utility account.
For complete details and eligibility, contact your utility provider.
Office is closed to the public,
Food bank and family services Mon, Wed, Thu 1 pm-4:30 pm by appointment
All other programs fully closed
Community Meal: See Bracebridge Out of the Cold Facebook page for times for take away dinners
|Areas Served||Bracebridge ; Muskoka Lakes Township|
|Eligibility||Children, Youth, Adults and Seniors with spiritual and basic needs|
|Application||Walk-in or call for information|
|Address and Location|
|Located In Community||Bracebridge|
|Address & Map||
456 Manitoba St
Bracebridge, ON P1L 1W9
View Google Map
|Intersection||Monck Rd & Manitoba St|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Office Phone||705-645-2602 ext 1|
|Primary Contact||Ian and Kam Robinson, Salvation Army Lieutenants|
|Mailing Address||PO Box 383
Bracebridge, ON P1L 1T7