Site: Peterborough - Simcoe St
Service: Correctional and Justice Services, Anger and Conflict Management Program
|Record #: PET0003||Last Modified: 23 Mar 2017||Last Full Update: 24 Jul 2014|
|Description (Service)||* An eight-week group program for individuals who struggle with anger and emotional conflict to help them confront and resolve inner turmoil that has developed in their lives.
* Group meets once a week with a facilitator to address anger management in a non-threatening environment.
* Sessions incorporate a variety of teaching methods including visuals, group discussions and role-playing.
* Participants are required to complete take home assignments and keep an anger log.
* Participants learn about myths or misconceptions about anger, how to cope with anger, how to defuse anger, and their personal anger style.
* Group size is limited to 15 people.
* A certificate is provided to individuals who successfully complete the course and a letter of confirmation is available by request for individuals who require one for legal matters.
|Hours||Office: Mon-Thu 9 am-4 pm; Fri 9 am-12:30 pm|
|Areas Served||Peterborough (County of)|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up|
|Application||Registration required. Self referral accepted or referral by lawyers, Crown Attorney's Office, Probation & Parole Officer, Court Orders, and social service agencies.|
|Fees||Program - fee for 8 sessions ; Fee assistance available for applicants experiencing financial difficulties will be reviewed on an individual basis..|
|Address and Location|
|Site Location||Across from Greyhound bus terminal|
|Located In Community||Peterborough|
|Address & Map||
219 Simcoe St
Peterborough, ON K9H 2H6
View Google Map
|Intersection||Aylmer St - Simcoe St|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Primary Contact||Wendy Underwood, CJS Program Coordinator; Email: email@example.com|
|Primary Executive||Joanne Minaker, Executive Director; Phone: (Business) ext 24; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|