Hazelbrae Barnardo Home Memorial Group
|Record #: PET0058||Last Modified: 05 Sep 2019||Last Full Update: 05 Sep 2019|
|Description (Service)||Raises awareness of Barnardo orphans and wards.
* Provides information and helps find ancestors who were Home Children.
* Tours of points of interest connected with Children of Barnardo are available, along with a lending library of Barnardo reading material.
* The organization helps any Home Child from any group find their family history.
* Responsible for new monument dedicated (September 2011) to all children who passed through the Hazelbrae Home.
* Monument is located at the former Queen Alexandra School, 180 Barnardo Avenue, Peterborough.
* Guest speakers available
|Hours||Meetings: First Tue of Jan, Mar, May, Sep, Nov, 1:30 pm at Northminster United Church.|
|Areas Served||Haliburton County ; Kawartha Lakes ; Northumberland County ; Peterborough (County of)|
|Eligibility||No known restrictions|
|Application||Contact for details.|
|Fees||Membership - nominal annual dues|
|Address and Location|
|Site Location||Meeting location: Northminster United Church|
|Located In Community||Peterborough|
|Address & Map||
Northminster United Church
300 Sunset Blvd
Peterborough, ON K9H 5L3
View Google Map
|Intersection||Chemong Rd - Sunset Blvd|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Primary Contact||Ivy Sucee, Founder/President|
|Primary Executive||Roxanne Murduff, Director; Phone: (Residence) 705-745-2085|
|Mailing Address||c/o Mrs. Ivy Sucee
1803 Waddell Ave
Peterborough, ON K9K 2G5