Service: Peterborough Adoption Disclosure Support Group
|Record #: PET0107||Last Modified: 23 Mar 2017||Last Full Update: 06 Oct 2015|
|Description (Service)||* Provides support to adoptees, birth parents, birth siblings, and adoptive parents.
* Provides an opportunity for those with similar experiences to meet in a confidential atmosphere with others with similar experiences.
* Gives assistance with searches and reunions.
* There were changes to legislation around adoption disclosure and records were opened by the government in June 2009.
* Call for more information.
|Areas Served||Haliburton ; Kawartha Lakes ; Peterborough (County of)|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and up
* All are welcome.
* Bring a support person if desired.
|Address and Location|
|Site Location||Use door at north end of building off the second parking lot (closest to the mall)|
|Located In Community||Peterborough|
|Address & Map||
Kawartha-Haliburton Children's Aid Society
1100 Chemong Rd
Peterborough, ON K9J 7S2
View Google Map
|Intersection||Chemong Rd and Towerhill Rd|
|Physical Access||Not Accessible|
|Toll Free Phone||Days: c/o 1-800-461-8140 ext 2248|
|Primary Contact||Cheryl Rubin, Co-Chair; Phone: Call after 6 pm (Residence) 705-740-0483; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Shirley O'Grady, Co-chair; Phone: (Residence) 705-742-9674|
|Mailing Address||c/o Cheryl E. Rubin
82 Wallis Dr
Peterborough, ON K9J 6C1