Service: Academic Upgrading Program
|Record #: PET0248||Last Modified: 23 Mar 2017||Last Full Update: 12 Jan 2016|
|Description (Service)||* Literacy, numeracy and essential skills services that help learners transition to their goals of employment, apprenticeship, secondary-school credit, post-secondary education or independence.
* Specialized services available to Aboriginal community.
* Also provides academic upgrading services that help individuals develop necessary skills for entry into college-based post-secondary education and training programs such as apprenticeship.
* Complementary courses in senior maths and sciences available.
|Hours||Office: Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm
Classes: Mon-Thu 9am-5pm, 6pm-8pm
-Biology Evening Classes Mon or Wed 6pm-9pm
-Chemistry classes Tuesday/Thursday 3pm-5pm
-Chemistry classes Tuesday/Thursday 6-8pm
-Physics class - Monday 3-6pm
|Areas Served||Peterborough (County of)|
|Eligibility||Ages: 19 year(s) - 65 year(s)
* Ontario residents 19 years and older whose literacy and basic skills are assessed as being less than end of Level 3 of the International Adult Literacy and Skills Survey (IALSS) or the Ontario Adult Literacy Curriculum Framework (OALCF), and who are proficient enough in speaking and listening to benefit fully from the language of LBS instruction.
* Individuals who have not graduated from high school; special emphasis on individuals receiving assistance through sponsoring agencies including First Nations peoples and recipients of Ontario Works (OW), Employment Insurance (EI), Workplace Safety & Insurance Board (WSIB), and Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP).
|Application||Call to arrange interview.|
|Fees||None ; Assistance provided for transportation/childcare costs for eligible clients. * Fee assistance available for transportation.|
|Address and Location|
|Site Location||Peterborough - Lansdowne St W|
|Located In Community||Peterborough|
|Address & Map||
Fleming Employment Centre and Academic Upgrading
1550 Lansdowne St W
Peterborough, ON K9J 2A2
View Google Map
|Intersection||Kawartha Heights Blvd and Lansdowne St W|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Toll Free Phone||1-866-353-6464 ext 1262|
|Primary Contact||Heather Scrimshaw, Student Advisor; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Alternate Contact||Rick Nydam, Program coordinator; Phone: 705-775-1312; Email: email@example.com|