Heads Up for Inclusion
|Record #: PET0605||Last Modified: 23 Mar 2017||Last Full Update: 12 Mar 2015|
|Description (Service)||* Heads Up for Inclusion promotes connections in the community leading to the development of relationships, so young people living with disabilities can lead meaningful lives.
* Promotes the inclusion and participation of all youth within their schools and communities, with a particular focus on youth living with disabilities, where differences are acknowledged, accepted and celebrated
* Shares information with community agencies, organizations, individuals and other interested parties for the mutual benefit of promoting inclusion.
* Maintains a resource base of information relating to inclusion.
* Provides training and educational opportunities for youth, and those associated with youth, enabling them to create more inclusive environments in their schools and communities, and participate in peer education.
* Amigos is an in-school inclusion program targeting ALL youth who experience significant barriers to inclusion, with special priority given to students who are living with an disability.
* The Amigos program uses peer support and mentorship through matching:
• Amigos - students who face barriers to inclusion, together with
• Amigo Connectors - students who are well connected and supportive of others.
|Areas Served||Durham Region ; Peterborough (County of)|
|Application||Self-referrals and through schools or other agencies.|
|Address and Location|
|Located In Community||Peterborough|
|Address & Map||
250 Sherbrooke St, Unit 6
Peterborough, ON K9J 2N4
|Intersection||Aylmer St and Sherbrooke St|
|Physical Access||Partially Accessible - Main floor meeting space accessible|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/headsupforinclusion
|Primary Contact||Sarah Morgan, Program Manager; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Primary Executive||John McNutt, Chair|