Family Mediation and Counselling Centre
|Record #: PET1433||Last Modified: 14 Feb 2018||Last Full Update: 10 Nov 2015|
|Description (Service)||* Family mediation is about helping families grappling with unresolved conflict find ways to a solution. The Centre provides mediation to couples/families separating or divorcing desiring a positive outcome for themselves and children while in transition and beyond.
* The Mediator is a neutral third party who provides a confidential service and essential information relating to separation/divorce, Family Court, Family Responsibility Office, lawyers, community services and much more.
* The adversarial legal system does not address many of the emotional and family-related issues that arise during a separation/divorce. Alternatively, mediation is a cooperative process in which the parties address such issues, resulting in an amicable settlement in less time and far less costly. 95% of Agreements negotiated through mediation never go to Family Court.
* Initial half hour free consultation offered for mediation.
* Services also include preparation of all Family Court documents when applying for a divorce, again less costly.
* Family counselling, marriage counselling, counselling for children, teens, adults, and seniors as well as mediation for families dealing with aging parents.
|Hours||by appointment only|
|Areas Served||Peterborough (County of)|
|Application||Accepts self referrals as well as referrals from doctors, lawyers, therapists, community groups, former clients and others.|
|Fees||Service - rates vary - call for information ; None - free support groups for parents, children and husbands/partners separating or divorced. ; We offer a half hour free consultation for those parties separating or separated.|
|Address and Location|
|Located In Community||Peterborough|
|Address & Map||
311 George St N, Ste 206
Peterborough, ON K9A 3H3
View Google Map
|Intersection||Charlotte St and George St N|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Primary Contact||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|