Peterborough Coalition Against Poverty
Site: No Physical Address
|Record #: PET1785||Last Modified: 23 Mar 2017||Last Full Update: 15 Mar 2016|
|Description (Service)||* A direct action anti-poverty group made up of poor people and their allies.
* Believes in the power of people to organize themselves to advocate for change.
* Mounts campaigns against government policies that adversely affect poor and working communities.
* Opposed to all systems of violence and oppression that are connected to poverty.
* Works in solidarity with other resistance movements fighting for justice and dignity.
* Provides free advocacy for individuals and families including help with issues related to housing and homelessness, social assistance (OW and ODSP), conflicts with social agencies and services, police harassment, and cases of poor-bashing.
* Holds public meetings at various locations to discuss upcoming actions, events and campaigns, share ideas, meet new members, find out more about PCAP, and how to get involved.
|Areas Served||Peterborough (County of)|
|Address and Location|
|Located In Community||Peterborough|
|Address & Map||
View Google Map
|Physical Access||Not Accessible|