Service: Family Law Information Centre
|Record #: PET2108||Last Modified: 26 Mar 2020||Last Full Update: 02 May 2019|
|Description (Service)||COVID19 Legal Aid Ontario has suspended all in-person advice at Family Law Information Centres (FLIC) and Family Law Service Centre (FLSC)
* Ontario Superior Court of Justice will only be hearing matters that are deemed urgent in nature.
* Protocols will be established to have matters filed electronically at the courthouse and hearings to take place by either video or teleconference depending on local availability.
* Clients can access family advice counsel services over the telephone in the Central East District via new toll free line 1-888-616-0119 ext.18 and in the alternative will also be directed to contact the Client Service Centre (Summary Legal Advice – Family) at 1-800-668-8258
A service staffed by family mediators
* Staff provide information on issues related to separation or divorce, the Court process, child welfare and child protection matters, mediation, and other community services.
* Brief family mediation is also provided on-site free of charge.
* Mediation is a voluntary method of resolving disagreements arising out of separation or divorce, including parenting plans for the children, child support, spousal support and division of property.
* Mediation is a cooperative alternative or a complement to the Court process
* Free Mandatory Information Program seminars are offered in Peterborough, Lindsay and Cobourg to educate couples on how to reduce conflict during separation and divorce, the benefits of mediation, and guidance on the legal and Court process.
* Call for dates and times or to register.
|Hours||Mon, Wed 9 am-2:15 pm * Thu 9 am-4:30 pm * Fri 9 am-3 pm|
|Areas Served||Peterborough (County of)|
|Application||Call for information.|
|Fees||Service ; No fee for brief onsite family mediation, mandatory information program seminars, consultation. For longer mediations, fees start at $5 per hour and are subsidized by the Ministry of the Attorney General|
|Address and Location|
|Site Location||Superior Court of Justice|
|Located In Community||Peterborough|
|Address & Map||
470 Water St
Peterborough, ON K9H 3M3
View Google Map
|Intersection||Water St - Brock St|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Office Phone||705-876-6915 or 705-760-9603|
|Toll Free Phone||1-888-605-1393|
|Primary Contact||Ingrid Vollmer, Family Law Information Co-ordinator/Mediator|
|Alternate Contact||Alicia Thibadeau, Mediation Program Co-ordinator|
|Primary Executive||David Tonge, Executive Director|
|Mailing Address||349A George St N, Suite 205
Peterborough, ON K9H 3P9