Art School of Peterborough
|Record #: PET2122||Last Modified: 09 Nov 2020||Last Full Update: 05 Aug 2015|
|Description (Service)||* A non-profit art school dedicated to the visual arts (painting, drawing, photography, etching, mixed media), as well as sculpture, pottery, and jewellery.
* Classes are offered morning, afternoon, and evening for adults and children.
* Four large studios include a potter's studio with 10 state-of-the art Japanese Shimpo potter's wheels.
* Courses are also offered in portfolio development, which can be used for secondary and post-secondary requirements.
* Classes are offered on a semester basis, spring, winter, fall and summer. Most courses run for 10 weeks.
* Camps for children are offered in the summer and winter break weeks.
* PA days activities also offered.
|Hours||Office: Tues-Fri 10am-5pm
Summer Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30am-4:30pm
Classes: Individual class hours vary. See website, course calendar, or call for details.
|Areas Served||Peterborough (County of)|
|Eligibility||Beginners to accomplished artists.|
|Application||Register online, in person, by phone, or email.|
|Fees||Service - cost varies per course and age group|
|Address and Location|
|Located In Community||Peterborough|
|Address & Map||
Tunnel Arcade of the Charlotte Mews
174A Charlotte St
Peterborough, ON K9J 2T8
View MapQuest Map
|Intersection||George St and Charlotte St|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible - Main Studio only ; Potter and Jewellery Studios are downstairs - no elevator or lift.|
|Social Media|| Facebook: www.facebook.com/ArtSchoolPtbo
|Primary Contact||Jenni Johnston, Executive Director|
|Primary Executive||Kris Sieber, Chair, Board of Directors|