|Record #: SHA0123||Last Modified: 05 Feb 2018||Last Full Update: 05 Feb 2018|
|Description (Service)||Kinark is an Accredited Children's Mental Health Centre offering a range of services for children and youth and families of Northumberland County. A variety of programs are offered to support parents and provide counselling for children and youth with behavioural, social and emotional problems.
* family, individual, and group counselling (office in Cobourg; satellite office in Campbellford and Brighton)
* community Triple P parent education groups;
* school-based High School counselling clinics (Brighton, Campbellford, Cobourg, Port Hope);
* Arson Prevention Program for Children (TAPP-C) assessments;
* Youth Crisis Response for children/youth who are suicidal or severely aggressive;
* Intensive Services for families with children and youth who face serious behaviour challenges in school, at home and in the community and/or where a child/youth is at risk of placement outside the home.
* Teen Outreach Service helps support difficult to engage teenagers to up with a wide range of community support services (eg counselling, housing, school, employment,medical support,etc);
* Kawartha Pine Ridge Supervised Access Centre (Cobourg Site) Tel: 1-800-386-6561 ext.325 offers separated parents a safe, neutral, child friendly location for visits and exchanges with their children under the supervision of specially trained staff.
Skilled professionals, Social Workers and Child and Youth Workers provide the above services in consultation with a multi-disciplinary team including psychology and psychiatry. Depending on the program, services are offered at Kinark offices, in schools, family homes, and the community. For referrals call Intake.
|Hours||Mon-Thu 9 am-8 pm * Fri 9 am-5 pm|
|Areas Served||Northumberland County|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and under|
|Application||Call Intake office at 1-888-454-6275|
|Address and Location|
|Site Location||Across from Walmart|
|Located In Community||Cobourg|
|Address & Map||
20 Strathy Rd, Unit 3
Cobourg, ON K9A 5J7
View Google Map
|Intersection||William Street (County Rd #2) and Strathy Road|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-230-8531
|Primary Contact||Teresa Scheckel, Director; Phone: 905-372-4361 ext 5018; Email: email@example.com|
|Alternate Contact||Vanessa Parmiter, Business Manger; Phone: 905-372-4361 ext 5023|