|Record #: SHA0417||Last Modified: 07 Oct 2020||Last Full Update: 07 Oct 2020|
|Description (Service)||Emergency shelter assistance.
* Work closely with local shelters, local Police Services and motels.
* Assistance to obtain emergency shelter, transportation, food and hydration, survival kits (backpacks with basic need items and personal hygiene products), sleeping bags, tents, warm clothing and boots etc
* Assistance to obtain emergency prescription, dental and optical needs, emergency grocery vouchers, emergency transportation (bus tickets, taxi, gas cards), backpacks for students, seasonal clothing and shoes, etc.
* Assistance with housing search, rental information, and rentsmart life skills support.
* Information about services and agencies in Northumberland County that assist the homeless and those in need.
|Hours||The Salvation Army: Mon - Fri 9 am-4:30 pm, Call first
Local Police Services : Mon-Sun 24 hours
Local Shelters: Mon-Sun 24 hours
|Areas Served||Northumberland County|
|Eligibility||Ages: 16 year(s) and up
* People experiencing homelessness * People at risk of becoming homeless * People in need
|Application||Call or visit|
|Address and Location|
|Site Location||North side of Swayne St|
|Located In Community||Cobourg|
|Address & Map||
66 Swayne St
Cobourg, ON K9A 1K5
View Google Map
|Intersection||College St and Swayne St|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|After Hours Phone||905-373-9440|
|Fax||905-373-9370 (call first)|
|Primary Contact||Edward Nkyi, Director, Community & Family Services|
|Alternate Contact||Lori Brown, Community Outreach & Homelessness Support Worker|
|Mailing Address||59 Ballantine St
Cobourg, ON K9A 5G8