Ontario. Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services and Ministry of Children and Youth Services
Service: Special Services at Home Program/Assistance For Children With Severe Disabilities
|Record #: SHA0429||Last Modified: 18 Mar 2019||Last Full Update: 21 Nov 2017|
|Description (Service)||Special Services at Home Program:
* Helps children under the age of 18 with a developmental disability and/or physical disability, to live at home with their families by providing individualized funding on a time-limited basis.
* Funding for families to purchase supports and services which they cannot normally provide themselves and which are not available elsewhere in the community.
* Services provided include personal growth and development and family relief and support.
Assistance for Children with Severe Disabilities:
* Income-tested and provides a monthly benefit to help offset the ongoing extraordinary costs associated with the care of a child who has a severe disability and is living at home with their family.
* Services covered include special diets, parent relief, expenses related to attending medical appointments, extra clothing and diapers and extraordinary or specialized babysitting.
|Hours||Mon-Fri 8:30 am-5 pm|
|Areas Served||Haliburton County ; Kawartha Lakes ; Northumberland County ; Peterborough (County of)|
|Eligibility||Ages: 18 year(s) and under
Ontario resident caring for a child at home with a disability can apply for this benefit. Parents of developmentally/physically challenged children (under 18 years of age)
SSAH: The disability and ongoing functional limitations must be documented by a professional such as a physician or psychologist at the time of the initial application.
ACSD: The child must be less than 18 years of age, have a severe disability which results in a functional loss as verified by medical documentation and have extraordinary costs which are incurred directly as a result of the disability.
|Application||Families can apply for both programs by requesting application forms from the Special Services at Home staff at their local office of the Ministry of Community and Social Services/Ministry of Children and Youth Services|
|Languages||English ; French ; Interpretive Services - If needed.|
|Address and Location|
|Located In Community||Peterborough|
|Address & Map||
360 George St N, 2nd Flr
Peterborough, ON K9H 7E7
View Google Map
|Intersection||George and Charlotte Streets|
|Physical Access||Fully Accessible|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-663-8560|
|Primary Contact||Melanie Brennan, Admin; Phone: (Business) 905-440-1090|