Record #: VTC0219
Last Modified: 27 Nov 2023
Last Full Update: 05 Apr 2023


Description (Service) Human Services assists residents looking for help with housing, early learning and child care, and financial assistance.
Ontario Works:
  • Provides financial support for basic needs to eligible recipients
  • Eligibility and the amount of assistance is based on family size, income, assets and living arrangements
  • Other benefits may also be provided
  • To apply by phone call 1-888-999-1142 or connect to for application
  • Provides financial and employment assistance to people in need
  • Focus on Stability Supports to help move individuals towards self-sufficiency
  • Stability Supports include benefits to help cover rent or shelter expenses, supports and resources to help with training and education, enhance social inclusion and promote community belonging or address concerns of food security
KLH Housing:Children's Services:
  • Provides financial support for eligible applicants for child care services in a Ministry licensed child care program or private home and in an informal setting for recipients of financial support under the Ontario Works Act
  • Agencies may also receive financial support through wage subsidies. Financial supports to agencies may also be provided to support the inclusion of children with special needs
Homelessness Services:
  • Providing support and assistance to help with maintaining housing, help to find housing, help for Landlords, and help with emergency housing through a 19 bed emergency shelter (operated by A Place Called Home)
Learning Earning and Parenting for Young Parents (LEAP Program):
  • A Social Service program for young parents 16 and over who do not have their high school diploma. Contact Case Worker for more information.
Employment Services:
  • Most recipients of financial support must participate in employment related activities. These can include job searching, educational opportunities, volunteering, training and/or job retention programs
  • There are also several financial supports to assist with participation costs
  • Individuals who are leaving assistance because of work can continue to receive some benefits, including the drug benefit card and other supports, for between 6 and 12 months after going off assistance

Service Details

Hours Mon-Fri 8:30 am-4:30 pm
Areas Served Haliburton County ; Kawartha Lakes
Eligibility Individuals 16 years and older

Most programs are needs tested based on income, assets and living arrangements as per the Ontario Works Act (16 with Trusty) and 18 years and Regulations, the Early Learning and Care Act and local policies.
Application Individuals under 18 years, call 705-324-9870 press 2 or toll free 1-877-324-9870 press 2 to request a social assistance intake.
Individuals 18 years and older, contact Ontario Works at 1-888-999-1142.
Languages English
Fees None

Address and Location

Located In Community Lindsay
Address & Map
68 Lindsay St N
Lindsay, ON
Canada K9V 4S7
View MapQuest Map
Physical Access Fully Accessible

Contact Information

Office Phone 705-324-9870
Toll Free Phone 1-877-324-9870
Fax 705-328-2875
Primary Contact Janine Mitchell, Manager Human Services; Phone: ext 3329
Alternate Contact Cheryl Faber, Director; Phone: ext 3206
Mailing Address 68 Lindsay St N 
Lindsay, ON 
Canada K9V 4S7

Agency Overview

Similar Service(s)