(CONTACT Community Services, Alliston - 39 Victoria St E)
Opportunity Details: Board Member
|Contact||Emily McIntosh, Executive Director, CONTACT Community Services; Phone: 705-435-4900 ext 202; Fax: 705-435-1106; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
The Board meets at least eight times a year and generally takes the summer months off (as well as December and January, although this fluctuates based on need). Board Members are expected to participate in occasional activities such as fundraisers, board subcommittees (when required), and participation in email discussions (only when in-person or virtual discussion is not possible).
Meetings are held virtually, ensuring accessibility for all Board members located throughout a large region. Board meetings are often not more than one hour in length, given members are expected to have reviewed the Board report beforehand.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· To resolutely uphold the interests of CONTACT Community Services, avoiding conflicts of interest in personal or other business.
· To maintain the confidentiality of restricted Board information.
· To be open to serving as an active member on at least one board appointed committee (if possible).
· To attend Board and committee meetings on a regular and timely basis,with a full understanding of the agenda and accompanying package. All materials are circulated in advance to allow for ample time for member review. The ED encourages any member to reach out for clarification prior to the meeting to help support efficiency at the meetings.
· To conduct Board business in a professional manner.
· To be an active participant in all Board issues, providing a positive influence; open to change and creative problem solving.
· To interact with all other Board members with respect and dignity.
Skills and Abilities of Individual Board Members:
· Experience in the field or lived experience related to the organization’s mission and purpose.
· Knowledge and skills in one or more areas of board governance: policy, finance, programs, legal, personnel, and advocacy.
· Experience with strategic planning and organizational development.
· History and knowledge of one of the South Simcoe communities: Essa, Adjala-Tosorontio, Innisfil, New Tecumseth,Bradford West Gwillimbury.
· Experience with communications, branding and/or philanthropy.
|Benefits||Experience working within a Board environment
Recognition for your work within CONTACT
Opportunities to grow, team-build and network
Opportunity to develop new skill sets
Opportunity to make a difference in the lives of South Simcoe community members
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for Highschool Credit Hours||No|
|Areas of Interest||Board of Directors ; Committees ; Community / Neighbourhood Volunteering ; Finance / Cash Handling ; Fundraising / Canvassing|
|Skills/Experience||Accounting & Finance ; Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Leadership ; Legal Skills ; Marketing & PR ; Planning & Organizing ; Governance, Fundraising|
|Commitment Length||I year terms, 8 Board meeting per year, plus AGM|
|Interaction Level||Small Group ; Virtual Volunteering|
|Minimum Hours||2 / Month|
|Accessibility||Designated parking at entrance ; Wheelchair accessible automatic main entrance ; Easy access to elevator ; Dedicated accessible washroom with all features ; Meetings are held virtually.|
|Number of Positions||Alliston: 1 individual(s) ; Bradford
1 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation - On boarding package available|
Agency Details: CONTACT Community Services, Alliston - 39 Victoria St E
|Address & Map||
Community Service Centre South Simcoe, Town Square
39 Victoria St E
New Tecumseth, ON
Canada L9R 1T3
View Google Map
|Mailing Address||PO Box 932
39 Victoria St E
New Tecumseth, ON
Canada L9R 1W1