Community Engagement Lead
(Imani's Place Foundation)
|Contact||Lisa Ogbole, Executive Director, Imani's Place; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||Integral part of creating awareness in the community of the services that we provide and who we provide them for. Working collaboratively with other members of the Imani’s Place Team, the Community Engagement Lead will work toward the following, as a volunteer: |
• Demonstrated experience required (paid or volunteer)
• Have a clear understanding of human trafficking and associated trauma
• Oversee each aspect of the solicitation of community involvement and development for Imani’s Place in an effort to increase the visibility of the organization, its programs, and fundraising events, as well as increase the number of active supporters.
• Act as a community ambassador for the organization
• Be open to delivering presentations in the community
• Able to effectively lead and schedule a team of volunteers at community events
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and efficiently with minimal supervision
• Share our passion and dedication to making a real difference in the lives of women (particularly BIPOC women) who have experienced trauma through domestic violence and/or human trafficking.
• Deliver to a high standard, in often challenging circumstances, both ethically and professionally and are able to work collaboratively in a culturally diverse organization.
• May involve heavy lifting, standing or sitting for extended periods of time
• You will demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s mission and values.
|More Info Link||www.imanisplace.org|
|Clients||Women who are in transitional housing who are survivors of domestic violence and/or human trafficking and are looking to move forward in a healthy and safe way.|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Areas of Interest||Advocacy ; Community Outreach ; Event Coordination & Support ; Mentorship / Leadership ; Program Coordination / Support ; Volunteer Coordination|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Creativity ; Customer Service ; Dependability & Trustworthiness ; Friendly & Outgoing ; Leadership ; Marketing & PR ; Mentoring & Training ; Planning & Organizing ; Positive / Cheerful Demeanor ; Public Speaking ; Self-Motivated / Work Independently ; Team Work ; Writing & Editing|
|Interaction Level||Large Group|
|Number of Positions||Alliston |
1 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation - Self facilitated|
|Organization Name||Imani's Place Foundation|
|Address & Map|
New Tecumseth, ON
|Mailing Address||c/o Lisa Ogbole; PO Box 578, 14 Victoia St W |
14 Victoia St W
Canada L9R 1V7