Social Justice Writer
(Imani's Place Foundation)
|Contact||Lisa Ogbole, Executive Director, Imani's Place; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||Integral part of promoting the values and mission of the organization in the community and ensuring that the stories of the women that use our services are told. Working toward getting the story of inequality, marginalization and oppression out to the mainstream gives a voice to the women who have experienced it and how they are working to overcome these challenges while working with Imani’s Place and what social and political changes still need to be made. Working collaboratively with other members of the Imani’s Place Team the Social Justice Writer will work toward the following, as a volunteer: |
• Demonstrated experience required (paid or volunteer)
• Have a clear understanding of domestic violence, human trafficking and associated trauma
• Research and gather evidence-based content from sources to support content development.
• Write interesting and engaging copy for reports, fact sheets, proposals, web-based material, presentations, newsletters and other media.
• Contribute to the ongoing reporting and dissemination of data, evidence and policy documents arising from Imani’s Place and network partner activities and initiatives.
• Provide general writing support to Imani’s Place staff.
• Undertake copy editing and revision of text to ensure it is clear, concise, coherent, and consistent.
• Ensure overall compliance with guidelines when developing all content to determine tone, reading level, spelling and grammar rules, protocols for citation, word count and page length and glossary terms.
• Liaise with experts, content producers, editors and other communication experts to ensure accuracy of content and quality of information for written products.
• Comply with organizational processes for preparing and approving materials.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously and efficiently with minimal supervision
• Share our passion and dedication to making a real difference in the lives of women (particularly BIPOC women) who have experienced trauma through domestic violence and/or human trafficking.
• Deliver to a high standard, in often challenging circumstances, both ethically and professionally and are able to work collaboratively in a culturally diverse organization.
• May involve sitting for extended periods of time
• You will demonstrate a commitment to the organization’s mission and values.
|More Info Link||www.imanisplace.org|
|Clients||Women who are in transitional housing who are survivors of domestic violence and/or human trafficking who are looking to move forward in a safe and healthy way|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Areas of Interest||Advocacy ; Research / Evaluation ; Shelter Coordination Support ; Social Media ; Writing / Editing|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Creativity ; Dependability & Trustworthiness ; General Computer Skills ; Listening Skills ; Planning & Organizing ; Research ; Self-Motivated / Work Independently ; Writing & Editing|
|Commitment Length||To be determined|
|Number of Positions||Alliston |
1 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation - Self facilitated|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Imani's Place Foundation|
|Address & Map|
New Tecumseth, ON
View Google Map
|Mailing Address||c/o Lisa Ogbole; PO Box 578, 14 Victoia St W |
14 Victoia St W
Canada L9R 1V7