Walk Coordinator and Walk Day Volunteers (Mutliple positions available) – PARKINSON SUPERWALK BARRIE, ON
(Parkinson Canada, Barrie Chapter)
|Contact||Anne McNamara, Community Development, Parkinson Canada; Phone: 1-800-565-3000 ext 3326; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||Parkinson Canada is looking for a Walk Coordinator to oversee the coordination and execution of Parkinson SuperWalk Barrie. |
• Promote Parkinson SuperWalk within your community through available channels and liaise with appropriate government officials to invite them to walk day.
• Work with volunteer committee to assist in planning, promotion and day-of execution.
• Attend committee meetings and work with committee volunteers ensure appropriate orientation of day-of volunteer coverage.
• Track and report on volunteer hours.
• Approach local businesses and organizations for sponsorship dollars and/or prize donations.
• Work with volunteers to coordinate services needed for the day-of (which may include: venue, entertainment, food and drink, guest speakers, supplies, etc.).
• Collect and report on the funds that were raised.
• Ensure necessary inventory is ordered from Parkinson Canada.
• Attend monthly (March to June) and bi weekly (July to September) conference calls with all Community Walk Coordinators. Be onsite on the day of the event to facilitate a successful event. Must be available for Parkinson SuperWalk Barrie on September 8th, 2018 at Heritage Park.
|More Info Link||www.parkinson.ca|
|Benefits||Meet new people, work as a team and spread the awareness of Parkinson’s disease. Our Walk Coordinators and Volunteer Committee positions are available to all ages and include flexible time commitments, mentorship for new members, education and training, and excellent leadership experience. |
If you like an opportunity to be a part of something from the beginning to the end that supports a great cause this is the position for you.
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable For||Anyone ; Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Youth (12-18) ; Post-secondary students ; Men ; Women ; Couples ; Families ; Individuals ; Community Groups ; Workplaces / Corporate Groups|
|Areas of Interest||Community / Neighbourhood Volunteering ; Event Coordination & Support ; Finance / Cash Handling ; General Manpower / Physical Labour ; Group / Family Volunteering ; Guide / Greeter ; Reception Support ; Registration ; Volunteer Coordination|
|Skills/Experience||Leadership ; Planning & Organizing ; Team Work|
|Commitment Length||Medium Term (4 months to 1 year)|
|Interaction Level||Solitary ; Small Group ; Large Group|
|Dates and Times||Saturday: Morning, Afternoon, Evening (Sat Sep 8, 2018 Parkinson SuperWalk Barrie) |
Walk Coordinator is expected to attend monthly (March to June) and bi weekly (July to September) conference calls with all Community Walk Coordinators. All SuperWalk volunteer are expected to be onsite on the day of the event to facilitate a successful event. Must be available for Parkinson SuperWalk Barrie on September 8th, 2018 at Heritage Park.
|Seasons||Spring ; Summer ; Fall|
|Number of Positions||Barrie: 2 individual(s) |
2 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation ; Training is provided|
|Transportation||Near public transit ; Car required - would be necessary for walk coordinator to have a vehicle on walk day|
|Application Deadline||30 May 2018|
|Start Date||On or after 07 May 2018|
|End Date||10 Sep 2018|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Parkinson Canada, Barrie Chapter|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-565-3000|
|Address & Map|
Meeting Location - Roberta Place Retirement Lodge
489 Essa Rd
Barrie, ON L4N 9E4
View Google Map
|Mailing Address||4211 Yonge St, Suite 316 |
Toronto, ON M2P 2A9