Volunteer Receptionist: Shared Front Reception
(CNIB [Central East], Simcoe/Muskoka, Main Office)
|Contact||Katherine Scully, Program Assistant, CNIB Barrie; Phone: 705-728-3352 ext 5291; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||Duties will depend on each agencies’ current projects and priorities but may include the following: |
1. In a friendly manner, greet visitors and direct them to the appropriate agency. Answer questions regarding all four agencies. Call appropriate agency to announce visitors.
2. Direct couriers with packages to the appropriate agency. When appropriate, receive and sign packages from couriers and bring packages back to the appropriate staff.
3. Sort incoming mail according to each agency and deliver to each agency. Assist with outgoing mail: ensure mail is picked up when postman delivers mail.
4. Maintain the levels of brochures in reception area displays. Restock from reception storage. Notify appropriate agency when more stock is needed. Maintain bulletin boards in reception area.
5. Maintain the general tidiness of the waiting area, including the children’s area. Wipe children’s toys on a regular basis.
6. Inform appropriate staff when front desk supplies are low so supplies can be replenished.
7. Review communications log each day. Make entries to the communications log, as needed.
8. Inform visitors of ShopCNIB store days and hours (Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.) if they inquire about the CNIB store.
9. Keep an eye out for disoriented visitors outside. People are often confused by what door to come in and may need guidance. Assist them when possible.
10. Respond to questions regarding room bookings.
11. Assist staff with set up of shared meeting spaces as required.
12. Assist staff with opening and closing of the building.
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||Yes|
|Suitable For||Anyone ; Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Youth (12-18) ; Highschool students ; Post-secondary students ; Persons with a hearing impairment ; Persons with a mental disability ; Persons with a physical disability ; Persons with a visual impairment ; Men ; Women ; Individuals|
|Areas of Interest||Guide / Greeter ; Office Administration ; Reception Support ; Social Interaction ; Support for Visual Impairments ; Telephone Communication|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Customer Service ; Friendly & Outgoing ; General Computer Skills ; Positive / Cheerful Demeanor|
|Commitment Length||One day or one half day per week between 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, depending on availability of the volunteer.|
|Interaction Level||Small Group|
|Dates and Times||Monday: (8:30 am-4:30 pm) |
Tuesday: (8:30 am-4:30 pm)
Wednesday: (8:30 am-4:30 pm)
Thursday: (8:30 am-4:30 pm)
Friday: (8:30 am-4:30 pm)
Saturday: (8:30 am-4:30 pm)
Sunday: (8:30 am-4:30 pm)
Hours are based on the availability of the volunteer
|Location||20 Anne Street South|
|Number of Positions||Barrie: 1 individual(s) |
1 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Training is provided|
|Transportation||Near public transit|
|Application Deadline||31 Aug 2018|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||CNIB [Central East], Simcoe/Muskoka, Main Office|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-563-0887 * CNIB National office 1-800-563-2642|
|Address & Map|
20 Anne St S
Barrie, ON L4N 2C6
View Google Map