Volunteer Puppy Foster
(COPE Service Dogs)
|Contact||Peggy Lee, COPE Service Dogs; Phone: 705-734-2673; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||- Care for the dog’s need according to guidelines from COPE. |
- Provide consistent structure, rules and boundary to the dog according to training from COPE.
- Provide obedience training and socialization to the dog.
- Transport the dog to and from its training programs: Canines in the Classroom (Innisfil) & Refinement Training (Barrie) Mon, Wed, Fri during regular school year plus 6 weeks (on Tue & Wed) between July and August 2019. Multiple pick up/drop off locations in Barrie and Innisfil by COPE van is available.
- Support from Volunteer Puppy Sitter network is available for vacation or emergency.
- Dog food, routine veterinary care, one dog crate, walking harness and leash are provided by COPE.
|More Info Link||copedogs.org/get-involved/become-a-volunteer/|
|Benefits||Join the team to change lives by providing a loving home and obedience training to a Service Dog-in-training during its puppyhood.|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Post-secondary students ; Men ; Women ; Couples ; Families ; Individuals|
|Areas of Interest||Animal Services|
|Skills/Experience||Leadership ; Patience ; Positive / Cheerful Demeanor|
|Commitment Length||- Fall 2018 until the end of August, 2019 |
- One full-time opportunity available
- One part-time opportunity available (Mon 3 pm - Tue 5 pm, Wed from 3 pm - Thu 5 pm and Fri from 3 pm-5 pm)
|Number of Positions||Barrie: 2 individual(s) |
2 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation ; Training is provided ; Training is required ; Scheduled training ; Training on-going|
|Transportation||Driver License required ; Car required|
|Start Date||On or after 05 Nov 2018|
|Organization Name||COPE Service Dogs|
|Office Phone||705-734-2673 * 705-734-COPE|
|Address & Map|
75 Dyment Rd
Barrie, On L4N 3H6
|Mailing Address||PO Box 20035 |
Barrie, ON L4M 6E9