Children's Program Assistant
(Barrie Public Library, Painswick Branch - 48 Dean Ave)
|Contact||Emily Fleming, Volunteer Coordinator, Barrie Public Library; Phone: 705-728-1010 ext 2266; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||- Provide a friendly, welcoming greeting to children as they join the program. |
- Assist children during programs to complete activities
- Assist with ushering duties during programs, such as crowd control, ticket taking, counting attendance, and admitting latecomers.
- Assist with craft preparation before the program.
- Assist with set up and clean up for the program.
- Work with other volunteers as a team in meeting the needs of each participant and the Library Board.
- Report concerns, needs or incidents to the Manager, Volunteer Resources or other appropriate Library staff.
|More Info Link||bttr.im/a2j3l|
|Benefits||Teamwork experience, working with children, and opportunity to be creative!|
|Ages||14 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||Yes|
|Suitable For||Highschool students|
|Areas of Interest||Arts & Crafts ; Community / Neighbourhood Volunteering ; Education Support (Early Years) ; Library Services ; Program Coordination / Support|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Creativity ; Dependability & Trustworthiness ; Friendly & Outgoing ; Listening Skills ; Patience ; Positive / Cheerful Demeanor ; Team Work ; Working with Children|
|Commitment Length||Long term|
|Interaction Level||Small Group ; Large Group|
|Dates and Times||Monday: Morning, Afternoon, Evening |
Tuesday: Morning, Afternoon, Evening
Wednesday: Morning, Afternoon, Evening
Thursday: Morning, Afternoon, Evening
Friday: Morning, Afternoon, Evening
Saturday: Morning, Afternoon, Evening
Sunday: Morning, Afternoon, Evening
|Number of Positions||Barrie: 10 individual(s) |
10 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation ; Training on the job|
|Transportation||Near public transit|
|Additional Requirements||A completed application form, two references, and a interview. If the individual is 18 or 19 years of age, a police check is required.|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Barrie Public Library, Painswick Branch - 48 Dean Ave|
|Address & Map|
48 Dean Ave
Barrie, ON L4N 0C2
View Google Map