Relay For Life Marketing and Public Relations Lead - Barrie
(Canadian Cancer Society, Simcoe-Muskoka Community Office)
|Contact||Amanda Delgado, Volunteer Engagement Coordinator, Canadian Cancer Society; Phone: 705-726-8032 ext 3223; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||* Ensure that branding, graphic standards, and key messaging are applied consistently along all platforms |
* Manage social media communications on Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms
* Assist your Canadian Cancer Society staff partner in reaching out to media outlets for event promotion
|Benefits||* Be a member of a successful team helping to create a world where no one fears cancer |
* Apply your skills and experience to promote Relay For Life in your community.
* Gain leadership experience, public speaking and networking opportunities.
* Have a positive impact in your community.
* Be part of an event that fosters community giving and generosity.
* Get training and learning opportunities to strengthen personal skills.
* Have fun!
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Post-secondary students ; Men ; Women ; Individuals|
|Areas of Interest||Event Coordination & Support ; Marketing & Promotions ; Mentorship / Leadership ; Volunteer from Home / Virtual|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Creativity ; Customer Service ; Dependability & Trustworthiness ; Friendly & Outgoing ; General Computer Skills ; Leadership ; Listening Skills ; Marketing & PR ; Patience ; Planning & Organizing ; Positive / Cheerful Demeanor ; Team Work ; Writing & Editing|
|Commitment Length||January - end of June. Full participation in monthly meetings. Additional time to attend community events or additional meetings. Committed to providing hands-on leadership throughout the actual day of event.|
|Interaction Level||Solitary ; One-on-one ; Small Group ; Virtual Volunteering|
|Dates and Times||Relay For Life is held on June 7, 2019 at Chappell Farm|
|Number of Positions||Barrie: 1 individual(s) |
1 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation ; Training is provided ; Training is required ; Training on the job ; Training on-going|
|Police Check||Not Required|
|Start Date||On or after 21 Jan 2019|
|Organization Name||Canadian Cancer Society, Simcoe-Muskoka Community Office|
|Toll Free Phone||Office 1-800-338-6610 |
Wheels of Hope Transportation 1-800-263-6750.
Cancer Information Service 1-888-939-3333
Smokers Helpline, Information, Advice & Support 1-877-513-5333
|Address & Map|
15 Cedar Pointe Dr, Unit 22
Barrie, ON L4N 5R7