VOLUNTEER - Parkinson SuperWalk - Day Of Volunteer - Barrie
(Parkinson Canada, Barrie Chapter)
|Contact||Rebecca Whitney, SuperWalk Volunteer Coordinator, Parkinson Canada; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||WALK DAY VOLUNTEER – PARKINSON SUPERWALK-BARRIE |
About Parkinson Canada:
Parkinson Canada is the national voice of Canadians living with Parkinson’s disease. From diagnosis to discovery, we guide the way for Canadians to live well with Parkinson’s disease through education, advocacy and support services. Our National Research Program funds innovative research to search for better treatments and a cure. A national registered charity, Parkinson Canada fulfils its mission through the generosity of donors and is an accredited organization under the Imagine Canada Standards Program.
What We Need:
Have you, your family, or friends been touched by Parkinson’s disease? Are you interested in meeting new people, working as a team and spreading the awareness of Parkinson’s disease? Then we’re looking for you! Parkinson Canada is looking for Day-of Volunteers to assist with the execution of Parkinson SuperWalk, Barrie.
• Attend and/or review registration and banking training session (if applicable).
• Work with volunteers to coordinate services needed for the day-of (which may include: registration, food and drink, guest speakers, t-shirt distribution, route marshals, etc.).
• Be onsite on the day of the event to facilitate a successful event. Must be available for Parkinson SuperWalk Barrie on Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at Heritage Park.
• Possess exceptional leadership capabilities and enjoy working as part of a team.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Be available for the time commitment needed to ensure the success of the event.
• Mature, responsible and dependable.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Must have a volunteer police check.
Our SuperWalk volunteer positions are available to all ages and include flexible time commitments, mentorship for new members, education and training, and excellent leadership experience.
If you like an opportunity to be a part of something that supports a great cause, this is the position for you.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing PCSWBARRIE-19
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
|Suitable for OSSD||Yes|
|Suitable For||Anyone ; Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Youth (12-18) ; Highschool students ; Post-secondary students ; Men ; Women ; Newcomers / English as a second language ; Couples ; Families ; Groups ; Individuals ; Community Groups ; Workplaces / Corporate Groups|
|Areas of Interest||Advocacy ; Event Coordination & Support ; Fundraising / Canvassing ; Games ; Marketing & Promotions ; Physical Fitness & Exercise ; Recreation & Sports ; Registration ; Volunteer Coordination|
|Skills/Experience||Planning & Organizing ; Positive / Cheerful Demeanor ; Team Work|
|Commitment Length||Saturday, Sep 7, 2019.|
|Interaction Level||Large Group|
|Location||Heritage Park, 5 Simcoe Street, Barrie|
|Number of Positions||Barrie: 15 individual(s) |
15 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation ; Training on the job|
|Application Deadline||16 Aug 2019|
|Police Check||Not Required|
|Start Date||On or after 07 Sep 2019|
|End Date||07 Sep 2019|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Parkinson Canada, Barrie Chapter|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-565-3000|
|Address & Map|
Meeting Location - Roberta Place Retirement Lodge
489 Essa Rd
Barrie, ON L4N 9E4
View Google Map
|Mailing Address||4211 Yonge St, Suite 316 |
Toronto, ON M2P 2A9