(Habitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region, Lindsay - Angeline St. N, Habitat for Humanity RE-Store)
|Contact||Alex Njuguna, General Manager, Habitat for Humanity Restore; Phone: 705-886-4347; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||* Receive and unload donations |
* Sort, test and price items
* Ensure the dock and testing areas are clean, organized and safe at all times
* Sorts E-waste; and ensures bins are loaded safely
* Ensure the merchandise is presented in a tidy, clean and organized manner to encourage sales
* Responsible to know what merchandise is currently on the shelves
* Be able to respond to customer inquiries regarding merchandise when needed
* Actively approach customers to help them find items they are looking for;
* Be courteous, respectful and professional to both the customer and your fellow volunteers;
* Train and provide support to all new volunteers as required
* Ensure work area is clean, tidy and safe at all times
* Assist in providing information on Habitat for Humanity and making referrals when appropriate
Other duties as required
* Greet and engage customers.
* Recommend items/ help customers based on needs and wants.
* Use suggestive selling; or add-on selling techniques to increase sales.
* Cleaning store fixtures and product as well as other general cleaning duties.
* Make sure all aisles are clear and safe.
|Benefits||* Use professional skills in a volunteer capacity |
* Satisfaction of contributing to HFH Peterborough and Kawartha Region’s mission
* Letter of Reference
|Areas of Interest||Customer / Sales Services ; Finance / Cash Handling ; Shelf Stocking / Warehousing / Inventory|
|Dates and Times||Days and Time are flexible|
|Location||Lindsay and Peteborough|
|Number of Positions||Kawartha Lakes: 2 individual(s) ; Peterborough: 2 individual(s)|
|Training||Safety Health and Environment training |
All General Merchandising Volunteers must wear CSA footwear. These shoes can either be provided at time of your shift or you can bring your own.
|Additional Requirements||• Understanding of the Habitat for Humanity philosophy and the desire to promote it; |
• Ability to work with a team or independently; Friendly, approachable, outgoing
• Willing to take the initiative
• Excellent organizational skills
• Previous customer service experience is an asset but not mandatory;
• Previous experience in a department store and/or marketing an asset but not mandatory
• Good communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with customers, Habitat For Humanity staff members and volunteers.
• Ability to lift and unload heavy items (25lbs +)
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Habitat for Humanity Peterborough & Kawartha Region, Lindsay - Angeline St. N, Habitat for Humanity RE-Store|
|Office Phone||705-880-4663 (ReStore) |
705-750-1456 (Head Office)
|Toll Free Phone||1-855-750-1456|
|Fax||705-775-0621 (Head Office)|
|Address & Map|
55 Angeline St N
Lindsay, ON K9V 5B7
|Mailing Address||c/o Habitat for Humanity Head Office |
550 Braidwood Ave
Peterborough, ON K9J 1W1