Caregiver Support Volunteer
(VON Canada, Ontario Branch, Grey Bruce Site, Caregiver Support Circle)
|Contact||Loretta Dunn, Volunteer Coordinator, VON Canada - Grey Bruce; Phone: 519-371-5331 ext 411 * 1-800-265-3138; Fax: 519-376-5772; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||The Caregiver Support Circle has many different aspects and needs volunteers to help with the following: |
* Education Series – along with the facilitator, you would help co-lead the 4 week sessions.
* Monthly Support Groups – you would help facilitate the monthly meetings where caregivers can go to share feelings and frustrations.
* Healing and Wellness – if you do you a healing modality (like Reiki or Therapeutic Touch) or gentle movement (like Tai Chi or yoga), we could use your talents for the 4 week sessions.
* One to One Support – you would provide support for the caregiver, either by telephone or in person.
* Caregiver Relief – for example, sitting with someone while the caregiver goes out.
|More Info Link||www.von.ca|
|Benefits||You would be helping caregivers in your community that need your support! These caregivers save the healthcare system billions of dollars annually but caregiving can be very stressful - and that's where the VON comes in.|
|Clients||Can be one on one with a caregiver or in a group setting (see duties)|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+) ; Seniors (55+) ; Post-secondary students ; Men ; Women|
|Areas of Interest||Personal Support ; Program Coordination / Support ; Rehabilitation Support ; Social Interaction ; Telephone Communication ; Therapy|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Friendly & Outgoing|
|Commitment Length||Short Term ; Long Term ; Various Commitment lengths|
|Interaction Level||One-on-one ; Small Group ; Various Interaction levels|
|Minimum Hours||3 / Month|
|Dates and Times||Various Dates and times|
|Accessibility||Unknown ; Various Locations|
|Location||Grey and Bruce Counties|
|Number of Positions||Bruce County: 10 individual(s) ; Grey County: 10 individual(s) |
20 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Training is provided ; Training on-going|
|Transportation||Car required ; Volunteers are responsible for own transportation|
|Application Deadline||08 Jun 2017|
|Start Date||On or after 02 Oct 2017|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||VON Canada, Ontario Branch, Grey Bruce Site, Caregiver Support Circle|
|Office Phone||519-376-5895 ext 222|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-265-3138 ext 222|
|Address & Map|
1280 20th St E
Owen Sound, ON N4K 6H6
View MapQuest Map
|Mailing Address||P.O. Box 969 |
Owen Sound, ON N4K 6H6