Youth Justice Committee/Restorative Justice Facilitator
(Elizabeth Fry Society of Simcoe County, Youth Justice Committee/ Extra Judicial Sanctions/Restorative Justice Circles)
|Contact||Volunteer Coordinator, The Elizabeth Fry Society of Simcoe County; Phone: 705-725-0613 ext 221; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||Youth Justice Committee's (YJC) bring together youth 12-17 who have been involved in the criminal justice system, their parent(s), and trained members of the community. In this role: |
* you would attend YJC meetings to determine appropriate and meaningful ways for the youth to make amends for their actions.
* ensure that the youth is aware of the purpose of the meeting, and discuss police report information.
* explore perspectives of all parties, including the youth and others represented at t he meeting, such as community members, community agency representatives, and the parent(s).
* present and agree upon appropriate sanctions for the youth.
* provide information and referrals to supportive community agency programs.
* respect the confidentiality of the youth and other YJC members.
|More Info Link||www.elizabethfrysociety.com/ways-you-can-help/volunteering|
|Benefits||Assist and strengthen the community by reducing recidivism rates and fostering healthier relationships.|
|Clients||Youth ages 12-17 in conflict with the law.|
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Suitable For||Adults (18+)|
|Areas of Interest||Mentorship / Leadership ; Youth Engagement ; Youth Services|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Dependability & Trustworthiness ; Leadership ; Should have an understanding of the Criminal Justice System, and Extrajudicial Sanctions/Measures|
|Commitment Length||Long Term (More than 1 year)|
|Interaction Level||Small Group|
|Minimum Hours||3 / Month|
|Dates and Times||Wednesday: Afternoon, Evening |
Thursday: Afternoon, Evening
|Accessibility||Fully Accessible ; Varies with activity locations|
|Location||Simcoe County, inlcuding Barrie, Midland, Penetanguishene and Orillia|
|Number of Positions||Barrie: 2 individual(s) ; Bradford West Gwillimbury: 2 individual(s) ; Innisfil: 2 individual(s) ; Midland: 2 individual(s) ; Orillia: 2 individual(s) ; Penetanguishene: 1 individual(s) ; Springwater: 1 individual(s) |
12 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Orientation ; Training is provided ; Training is required ; Training on the job|
|Transportation||Near public transit ; Driver License required ; Depends on location|
|Organization Name||Elizabeth Fry Society of Simcoe County, Youth Justice Committee/ Extra Judicial Sanctions/Restorative Justice Circles|
|Address & Map|
102 Maple Ave
Barrie, ON L4N 1S4