Personal Disaster Assistance (PDA) Responder
(Canadian Red Cross - Simcoe Muskoka, Simcoe Muskoka Branch, Volunteer Services)
Add to List Suggest an Update
Position ID: V-MID0681
Last Modified: 14 Jul 2022
Last Full Update: 13 May 2022
Opportunity Details: Personal Disaster Assistance (PDA) Responder
|Contact||Volunteer Resource Services, Canadian Red Cross; Phone: 1-844-818-2155; Email: SharedServices@Redcross.ca|
The Personal Disaster Assistance (PDA) Team is activated to respond and provide assistance for up to the first 72 hours following a disaster.
Responsibility 1. Disaster Response
• Conduct client needs assessments to determine immediate, short and long-term needs of clients;
• Provide appropriate services based on the Technical Standards and the National Disaster Assistance Guidelines;
• Provide referrals to partner agencies and other community based groups;
• Communicate and report on progress, as appropriate, to the PDA Supervisor;
• Provide comfort to clients;
• Complete necessary paperwork (i.e. Goods and Services Vouchers, Client Needs Assessments and others as appropriate);
• Communicate complex cases to PDA Supervisor for provision of appropriate case management services;
• Participate in operational debriefings and provide suggestions for improvement.
Responsibility 2. Preparedness Activities
• Actively engage in team preparedness activities including emergency planning and kit preparedness;
• Attend meetings as required;
• Support PDA Supervisor in materials/inventory management;
• Support with supplier agreements, as appropriate;
• Support the PDA Supervisor in planning and organizing services.
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for Highschool Credit Hours||No|
|Areas of Interest||Disaster Planning & Assistance|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Confidentiality ; Counseling & Support ; Customer Service ; Dependability & Trustworthiness ; First Aid ; Friendly & Outgoing ; General Computer Skills ; Leadership ; Listening Skills ; Medical Assistance ; Planning & Organizing ; Team Work ; Working with Children|
|Commitment Length||Long Term (More than 1 year) - 2 years renewable|
|Interaction Level||One-on-one ; Small Group ; Large Group|
|Minimum Hours||2 / Month|
|Accessibility||Not Applicable - position requires someone able bodied|
|Location||Simcoe County and Muskoka District|
|Number of Positions||Muskoka District ; Simcoe County
25 individual(s) needed in total.
Volunteer responders are required throughout Simcoe County and Muskoka district.
|Training||Orientation ; Training is provided ; Training is required ; Scheduled training ; Training on the job ; Training on-going|
|Transportation||Volunteer is responsible for their own transportation.|
|Additional Requirements||The incumbent must have the commitment to the Fundamental Principles of the Red Cross Movement and model the core competencies of the CRCS: team excellence, service excellence, accountability and results focused.
• This position requires a satisfactory Canadian criminal record reference check.
• This position requires a satisfactory vulnerable sector check
• Valid driver's license is required if driving for society business; clear driver’s abstract (3 years) required if using Red Cross vehicles; access to transportation is mandatory