Costuming Department Volunteer
(Lang Pioneer Village Museum)
|Contact||Elizabeth, Administrative/Volunteer Coordinator, Lang Pioneer Village Museum; Phone: 705-295-6694; Fax: 705-295-6644; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||The Costuming Department Volunteer supports Lang Pioneer Village Museum by assisting with the creation and repair of historically accurate costumes and accessories for the village’s staff and volunteer interpreters. |
* Undertake repairs on all aspects of costuming
* Assist costumer in the creation of and finishing work on costumes
* Under the direction and at the discretion of the costume designer, the costuming department volunteer may elect to undertake individual projects
* May occasionally involve the laundering and organization of costumes and light housecleaning duties
|More Info Link||wwww.langpioneervillage.ca|
|Benefits||* Learn new skills or further develop your skills related to costume history and construction. |
* Learn and experience local Canadian history in a peaceful setting surrounded by 19th-century buildings and artifacts.
* Gain work experience in a museum setting.
* Receive free admission for yourself and a guest to Lang Pioneer Village Museum (special events included).
* Receive a 20% discount off all items for sale in Lang Pioneer Village’s gift shop.
* Bring new skills, ideas and enthusiasm to our programs.
* Receive a reciprocal pass (free or reduced admission) to many Ontario museums and attractions.
* Meet new people who share your interest in history, craft or sewing.
|Clients||Tourists and families.|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Areas of Interest||Arts & Crafts ; Culture & Heritage ; Fashion / Needlecraft ; Historical / Archival Activities ; Music & Performing Arts|
|Skills/Experience||* Hand and machine sewing skills required. |
* Patience and good communication skills.
* Familiarity with working with patterns and garment construction an asset, but not required.
* Reliable, flexible and open to learning new skills, but also able and willing to complete menial tasks.
|Commitment Length||The Costume Department Volunteer is a seasonal commitment (Apr to Dec) of a half day or one day per week.|
|Minimum Hours||4 / Week|
|Dates and Times||Monday: Morning, Afternoon |
Tuesday: Morning, Afternoon
Wednesday: Morning, Afternoon
Thursday: Morning, Afternoon
Friday: Morning, Afternoon
Flexible schedule can be arranged.
|Location||Lang Pioneer Village Museum, Keene, ON|
|Number of Positions||Peterborough (County of): 10 individual(s) |
10 individual(s) needed in total.
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Lang Pioneer Village Museum|
|Toll Free Phone||1-866-289-5264|
|Address & Map|
104 Lang Rd
Keene, ON K0L 2G0
View MapQuest Map
|Mailing Address||c/o County of Peterborough |
470 Water St
Peterborough, ON K9H 3M3