Historic Buildings and Facilities Volunteer
(Lang Pioneer Village Museum)
|Contact||Elizabeth, Administrative/Volunteer Coordinator, Lang Pioneer Village Museum; Phone: 705-295-6694; Fax: 705-295-6644; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||Key Responsibilities: |
* Undertake historically accurate repairs on buildings, fences and grounds.
* Set-up of outdoor equipment, i.e. benches, tables, garbage cans, etc.
* Grounds maintenance and clean-up including garbage clean-up, grass cutting & trimming.
* Cutting & splitting firewood.
* Maintain & repair historic buildings and areas (i.e. by cleaning eaves troughs, cutting down overgrowth, painting, rebuilding fencing).
* Work with historically accurate building materials.
* Adhere to safety standards in all work undertaken.
|More Info Link||www.langpioneervillage.ca|
|Benefits||* Learn new skills related to historic construction and building maintenance. |
* Learn and experience local Canadian history in a peaceful setting surrounded by 19th-century buildings and artifacts.
* Gain work experience in a museum setting.
* Contribute your skills to ensuring the legacy of historical buildings
* Receive free admission for yourself and a guest to Lang Pioneer Village Museum (special events included).
* Receive a 20% discount off all items for sale in Lang Pioneer Village’s gift shop.
* Bring new skills, ideas and enthusiasm to our programs.
* Receive a reciprocal pass (free or reduced admission) to many Ontario museums and attractions.
* Meet new people who share your interest in history, trades or building.
|Clients||Visitors interested in living history museums.|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Areas of Interest||Carpentry & Woodwork ; Cleaning Services ; Gardening / Yard Work ; General Trade-Related ; Maintenance / Repair ; Nature / Environment ; Plumbing|
|Skills/Experience||* Willingness to work both indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions. |
* Basic to advanced skills in building and repair work; knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical work and chain saw certification an asset.
* Good physical health and stamina.
* Steel-toed boots may be required (Hard hats will be provided when required).
* Willingness to take Health & Safety courses.
|Commitment Length||* The Historic Buildings and Facilities Volunteer is a negotiable commitment that can run from Jan - Dec or as determined between the volunteer and staff at Lang Pioneer Village. |
* Preference is for volunteers to commit to one (or more) day(s) per week, however, a flexible schedule may be arranged.
* Volunteers are also needed for specific building and maintenance projects on an on-call basis.
|Minimum Hours||12 / Month|
|Dates and Times||Monday: Morning, Afternoon |
Tuesday: Morning, Afternoon
Wednesday: Morning, Afternoon
Thursday: Morning, Afternoon
Friday: Morning, Afternoon
Saturday: Morning, Afternoon
Sunday: Morning, Afternoon
|Location||Lang Pioneer Village Museum, Keene, ON|
|Number of Positions||Peterborough (County of): 10 individual(s) |
10 individual(s) needed in total.
|Start Date||On or after 06 May 2012|
|Organization Name||Lang Pioneer Village Museum|
|Toll Free Phone||1-866-289-5264|
|Address & Map|
104 Lang Rd
Keene, ON K0L 2G0
|Mailing Address||c/o County of Peterborough |
470 Water St
Peterborough, ON K9H 3M3