Prop Production Volunteer
(Lang Pioneer Village Museum)
|Contact||Elizabeth, Administrative/Volunteer Coordinator, Lang Pioneer Village Museum; Phone: 705-295-6694; Fax: 705-295-6644; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||Key Responsibilities: |
* Create props for exhibits based on prototypes designed by the Museum Specialist. For example, hanging hams for the smoke house, ice blocks for the ice house, cheese rounds for the hotel and cheese factory, etc.
|More Info Link||www.langpioneervillage.ca|
|Benefits||* Learn new skills related to a prop production for an historical setting. |
* Learn and experience local Canadian history in a peaceful setting surrounded by nineteenth century buildings and artifacts.
* Gain work experience in a museum setting.
* Receive free admission for yourself and a guest to Lang Pioneer Village Museum (special events included).
* Receive a 20% discount off all items for sale in Lang Pioneer Village’s gift shop.
* Bring new skills, ideas and enthusiasm to our programs.
* Receive a reciprocal pass (free or reduced admission) to many Ontario museums and attractions.
* Meet new people who share your interest in history or craft.
|Clients||Tourists and families|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Areas of Interest||Arts & Crafts ; Culture & Heritage ; General Trade-Related ; Historical / Archival Activities ; Music & Performing Arts|
|Skills/Experience||* Creative and artistic ability required (materials will be provided) |
* Specialized skills such as sculpture or painting knowledge an asset
* Ability to adhere to Health and Safety Policy
|Dates and Times||Monday: Morning, Afternoon |
Tuesday: Morning, Afternoon
Wednesday: Morning, Afternoon
Thursday: Morning, Afternoon
Friday: Morning, Afternoon
|Location||Lang Pioneer Village Museum|
|Number of Positions||Peterborough (County of): 10 individual(s) |
10 individual(s) needed in total.
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Lang Pioneer Village Museum|
|Toll Free Phone||1-866-289-5264|
|Address & Map|
104 Lang Rd
Keene, ON K0L 2G0
View MapQuest Map
|Mailing Address||c/o County of Peterborough |
470 Water St
Peterborough, ON K9H 3M3