Special Events Volunteer
(Lang Pioneer Village Museum)
|Contact||Elizabeth King, Administrative/Volunteer Coordinator, Lang Pioneer Village Museum; Phone: 705-295-6694; Fax: 705-295-6644; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||The Special Event Volunteer is essential for the production of Lang Pioneer Village Museum’s special events. Lang Pioneer Village organizes over ten special events per season. |
* Assist in staging special events i.e. help set up before and clean up after special events; directing visitors in parking area, taking admissions at admission gate, electrical and/or PA set-up, maintenance of fires in woodstoves, etc.
* Organize preparations prior to events. i.e. collecting and preparing craft materials, creating props for games, etc.
* Assist with activities at special events. For example, you might assist with craft activities, lead a sack race, prepare corn for a corn roast, sell apple cider, etc. In some cases this may involve wearing a period costume.
* Work with visitors of all ages, while creating a festive and fun atmosphere
* Performs the duties of a historical interpreter on a relief basis.
|More Info Link||www.langpioneervillage.ca|
|Benefits||* Learn new skills related to a historic trade or craft, wear a period costume, work in a historic building or garden, run a craft or activity at special events. |
* Learn and experience local Canadian history in a peaceful setting surrounded by nineteenth century buildings and artifacts.
* Gain work experience in a museum setting; you will gain valuable experience working with the public, hands-on craft & trade skills & communication and problem-solving abilities.
* Share your passion and skill in a particular trade or craft with the public.
* Earn hours towards the requirements for your high school community volunteer experience.
* Receive free admission for yourself and a guest to Lang Pioneer Village Museum (special events included).
* Receive a 20% discount off all items for sale in Lang Pioneer Village’s gift shop.
* Bring new skills, ideas and enthusiasm to our programs.
* Receive a reciprocal pass (free or reduced admission) to many Ontario museums and attractions.
* Meet new people who share your interest in history or craft.
|Clients||Tourists and families|
|Suitable for OSSD||Yes|
|Areas of Interest||Arts & Crafts ; Culture & Heritage ; Event Coordination & Support ; Historical / Archival Activities ; Music & Performing Arts ; Program Coordination / Support|
|Skills/Experience||* Enthusiasm, friendly and outgoing personality |
* Excellent communication skills
* Customer service experience an asset; Able to deal with large numbers of visitors
* Reliable, punctual and responsible
* Good organizational skills
* Ability to adhere to Health and Safety Policy
|Commitment Length||Volunteers in the Special Event Volunteer position commit to assisting with five or more events per season.|
|Dates and Times||Monday: Morning, Afternoon |
Tuesday: Morning, Afternoon
Wednesday: Morning, Afternoon
Thursday: Morning, Afternoon
Friday: Morning, Afternoon
Saturday: Morning, Afternoon
Sunday: Morning, Afternoon
Visit www.langpioneervillage.ca to view the schedule of Special Events for the season. Most of the Special Events occur on week-ends, but some set-up and take-down may be required during the week.
|Location||Lang Pioneer Village Museum|
|Number of Positions||Peterborough (County of): 10 individual(s) |
10 individual(s) needed in total.
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Lang Pioneer Village Museum|
|Toll Free Phone||1-866-289-5264|
|Address & Map|
104 Lang Rd
Keene, ON K0L 2G0
View MapQuest Map
|Mailing Address||c/o County of Peterborough |
470 Water St
Peterborough, ON K9H 3M3