Communication Facilitators/Group Conversation Volunteers
(March of Dimes Canada, Peterborough, Aphasia and Communication Disabilities Program, Peterborough)
Add to List Suggest an Update
Position ID: V-PET0330
Last Modified: 15 Feb 2022
Last Full Update: 18 Oct 2019
Opportunity Details: Communication Facilitators/Group Conversation Volunteers
|Contact||Maryam Iqbal, Aphasia and Communication Disabilities Program Volunteer Coordinator, March of Dimes Canada; Phone: Toll Free (Business) 1-800-567-0315 ext 6266; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||Compassionate adults needed for group consultations
* Do you have a few hours a week to have meaningful conversations in a fun, lively atmosphere?
* Volunteers provide support to adults with communication difficulties by participating in group conversation sessions about current events, music, food, art and much more.
|More Info Link||www.marchofdimes.ca/acdp|
|Benefits||* A unique and rewarding experience
* Opportunity to chat, smile and laugh
* A chance to meet new and diverse friends
* Regular training workshops on a variety of topics
* Reference Letters
|Clients||* This community agency specializes in group programs for adults with aphasia and other communication disabilities due to stroke, brain injury or brain illness.
* Our clients experience difficulties in the areas of speaking, understanding, reading, and writing.
|Ages||18 year(s) and up|
|Suitable for Highschool Credit Hours||No|
|Areas of Interest||Friend / Penpal ; Social Interaction ; Support Group Facilitation|
|Skills/Experience||Communication & Interpersonal Skills ; Friendly & Outgoing ; Listening Skills ; * Comfortable with group interaction.
* Interest in having conversations over a wide range of topics.
* A willingness to learn and share.
|Interaction Level||* Mostly group interaction occur with 3-5 adults
* One-on-one interaction possible.
|Minimum Hours||3 / Week|
|Location||Northminster United Church, 300 Sunset Boulevard Peterborough, ON K9H 5L3|
|Number of Positions||Peterborough: 5 individual(s)
5 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Training is provided ; Two sessions of training provided per year. Shadowing trainee for first 4-6 weeks. Therapists are on hand at all times to provide support and assistance as required.|
|Cost||* No cost to the volunteer.
* Cost of Vulnerable Sector Screening is reimbursed.
Agency Details: March of Dimes Canada, Peterborough, Aphasia and Communication Disabilities Program, Peterborough
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-567-0315, ext 6272|
|Address & Map||
Northminster United Church, 300 Sunset Blvd
Canada K9H 5L3
View Google Map
|Mailing Address||c/o Aphasia and Communication Disabilities Program, March of Dimes Canada, 13311 Yonge St
Richmond Hill, ON
Canada L4E 3L6