Public Relations Committee Member
(Council for Persons with Disabilities)
|Contact||Phyllis Hodder, Chair of Selection Committee, Council for Persons with Disabilities; Phone: (Business) 705-742-7777 ext 1785; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||* This committee assists and supports the Council and its standing committees in raising public awareness of the Council's future events and past achievements. |
* Informs the general public of identified accessibility needs in the City of Peterborough; draws attention to any changes or updates in government legislation that affects the rights of access.
* Supports newspapers and other media in the Peterborough area who report on disability issues.
|More Info Link||www.peterborough.ca/City_Hall/Committees/The_Council_for_Persons_with_Disabilities__acting_as_the_Accessibility_Advisory_Committee.htm|
|Benefits||* Opportunity to learn and to meet new people. |
* Participation in matters of civic importance.
* Gain new skills.
|Ages||18 year(s) - 70 year(s)|
|Areas of Interest||Committees ; Community Outreach ; Marketing & Promotions|
|Skills/Experience||* Interest in and or understanding of systemic problems encountered by persons with disabilities. |
* Able to read and write correspondence, minutes, reports.
* Interest in public relations.
|Minimum Hours||3 / Month|
|Dates and Times||Committee meets once per month|
|Number of Positions||Peterborough: 5 individual(s) |
5 individual(s) needed in total.
|Police Check||Not Required|
|Additional Requirements||To apply, please send resume or a brief summary of your experience and why you are interested in joining this standing committee of the Council of Persons with Disabilities. You may email, fax, or mail this information to the contact person listed above.|
|[ Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Council for Persons with Disabilities|
|Address & Map|
Council for Persons with Disabilities
250 Sherbrooke St, Unit 6
Peterborough, ON K9J 2N4
View Google Map