(United Way of Peterborough & District, Community Impact Nonprofit Sector Development Services)
|Contact||Lisa Smith, Director, Community Impact, United Way of Peterborough & District; Phone: (Business) 705-742-8839 ext 29; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Duties||The purpose of this position is to support excellence in non-profit governance by offering skills-development workshops, group facilitation, and/or consulting services to local non-profit organizations using materials provided by United Way. This volunteer position will assist voluntary sector organizations to build on leadership, strong boards of directors skills, and governance skills to strengthen their capacity to manage effectively and efficiently. |
- Use materials provided to deliver workshops and/or the management assistance program.
- Be prepared by becoming familiar with the materials, handouts, and any background information, as well as workshop attendee expectations.
- Maintain attendance records and submit workshop evaluations.
- Participate in ongoing training and development opportunities offered by United Way.
- Become proficient in various topics and workshop delivery techniques.
|Clients||Volunteers and staff of not-for-profit agencies and organizations in Peterborough city and county.|
|Suitable for OSSD||No|
|Areas of Interest||Community Outreach ; Education Support (Training Programs) ; Mentorship / Leadership ; Program Coordination / Support|
|Skills/Experience||- experience in board governance |
- understanding of the principles of adult learning
- proven presentation and facilitation skills
- ability to support positive group dynamics and learning
- effective communicator and listener
- ability and desire to value diverse group members and their contributions
- positive attitude and position concerning United Way's mission, purpose, and goals
- positive attitude and position concerning volunteer engagement
|Dates and Times||To be scheduled to suit volunteer availability.|
|Accessibility||Will be accommodated.|
|Location||Peterborough city and county|
|Number of Positions||Peterborough: 8 individual(s) ; Peterborough (County of): 4 individual(s) |
12 individual(s) needed in total.
|Transportation||Must be able to transport materials required to workshop locations.|
|Additional Requirements||- available for evening assignments|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||United Way of Peterborough & District, Community Impact Nonprofit Sector Development Services|
|Address & Map|
277 Stewart St
Peterborough, ON K9J 3M8
View Google Map