Public Education Resource
(Alzheimer Society, Lindsay Office, Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland and Haliburton)
|Contact||Shawna Peddar, Volunteer Coordinator, Alzheimer Society of Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland & Haliburton; Phone: 705-748-5131 ext 30; Email: email@example.com|
|Duties||* Manage the copying, compiling, and storage of education resource materials. |
* Assist with our First Link Learning Series: photocopy workbooks/handouts; prepare participant folders.
* Client Resources: monitor supplies of client resources, replenish as needed; complete periodic inventory to assist Public Education staff with ordering.
* Education Presentation Materials: copy and compile presentation resources for PE staff and volunteer presenters.
* Information Fair Materials: monitor supplies in information fair cases and replenish as needed.
* Lending Library: enter new resources into the library database system, conduct reminder calls to request returns
* Resource Development: assist with researching new resources or preparing draft handouts on specific topics .
* A/V & Equipment Inventory- periodic monitoring of presentation equipment to identify any missing items
|More Info Link||www.alzheimer.ca/en/pklnh/Get-involved/Volunteer|
|Benefits||This role will produce a growing knowledge of dementia and the resources used to educate and support those affected by it. A sense of ownership for an area of responsibility that has significant impact on our client base.|
|Clients||Individuals and families affected by Alzheimer's disease and other dementias.|
|Suitable for OSSD||Yes|
|Areas of Interest||Education Support (Training Programs) ; Office Administration|
|Skills/Experience||Dependability & Trustworthiness ; Personable, reliable, detail oriented nature, organizational and planning skills |
Telephone skills, computer and copier skills, primarily Microsoft Word.
High school students may apply however, due to the nature of our business hours (8:30 am - 4:30 pm) this may be a limited opportunity.
|Commitment Length||With understanding for the unexpected circumstances that can interrupt/end any sincere volunteer commitment, your investment in training and learning the role suggests committing to a minimum 1 year commitment as circumstances allow.|
|Interaction Level||Mainly one of one with staff, clients & volunteers|
|Minimum Hours||3.5 / Week|
|Dates and Times||Work will be ongoing and flexible, requiring approximately 1/2 day every two weeks completed during business hours of Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Preferred day negotiable.|
|Seasons||A year round function based on advance scheduling that accommodates working ahead to cover expected short-term leaves for vacation etc.|
|Location||Lindsay Office - Mary St.|
|Number of Positions||Kawartha Lakes: 1 individual(s) ; Lindsay: 1 individual(s) ; Peterborough: 1 individual(s) ; Peterborough (County of): 1 individual(s) |
4 individual(s) needed in total.
|Training||Volunteer Orientation, Health & Safety Training, Privacy Training, instruction on the use of various office equipment. Orientation to current resources and lending library.|
|[ More Agency Info | Other Opportunities | Suggest New Opportunity ]|
|Organization Name||Alzheimer Society, Lindsay Office, Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland and Haliburton|
|Office Phone||705-748-5131 - Peterborough / 705-878-0126 - Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland and Haliburton|
|Toll Free Phone||1-800-561-2588 - Peterborough / 1-800-765-0515 - Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland and Haliburton|
|Fax||705-748-6174 - Peterborough / 705-878-0127 - Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland and Haliburton|
|Address & Map|
55 Mary St W, Ste 201
Lindsay, ON K9V 5Z6
View Google Map
|Mailing Address||183 Simcoe Street |
Peterborough, ON K9H 2H6