You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Education Support (Elementary / Secondary)
There are 8 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
- Assist instructor with setup and cleanup
- Help facilitate art activities and projects
- Interact and work with children in order to complete an art project
- Assist with outdoor and snack breaks
Run a 7 week program within the elementary schools for kids in grade 6,7 and/or 8. The program focuses on core themes including; body image, self-esteem, healthy eating/activity and building healthy relationship. Volunteers are responsible for a group of 4-8 kids. Its once a week for 90 minutes and its a 7-week program. They run during the school day 9-3pm, Monday-Friday from September-June. Volunteer can run multiple groups during the school year. Location of the program is Barrie, Innisfil, Angus, Baxter and Minesing.
Volunteers will help children with: reading, writing, mathematics and homework completion.
- The following elementary school programs are always in high demand:
- More than Money (Grades 3-6) In JA's More than Money program, students are introduced to the intersection of financial literacy, entrepreneurship and social studies learning objectives. Throughout the program students will have the opportunity to think like an entrepreneur and develop business strategy and money-management skills that they can apply to a simulated business.
- Our Business World (Grades 5-6) In JA’s Our Business World program, students explore how businesses are created and what makes them thrive. Using games and multimedia, students learn about innovation, start-ups and self-employment
- Dollars with Sense (Grade 7) In JA's Dollars With Sense program, students get the vital tools they need to make smart financial decisions, live debt-free and become savvy investors. Students learn personal money management skills that they can apply to their lives, beginning now.
- Economics for Success (Grade 8) In JA's Economics for Success program, students take a closer look at the advantages of staying in school, as well as learn what’s needed to succeed in today’s workforce. Volunteers from the local business community partner with classroom teachers to help students see the link between education and achieving their goals.
- Volunteers needed to prepare and serve simple meal to students, some schools bring food trays into classrooms.
- Volunteers needed to prepare trays for delivery to classes and also for clean up of kitchen area, help with grocery shopping or fundraising for food.
Administrative: help with mailings, thank you letters, grant writing, etc.
Events: we run events year-round, which require volunteers to keep them running smoothly
Committees: we have several ongoing and adhoc committees that meet during the year
Chapter Leadership Council (CLC)
Be part of a unique intergenerational initiative that connects generations through the power of storytelling. Volunteers will get 5 weeks of training and then will spend 8 weeks in an elementary school classroom sharing stories and building relationships. Volunteers must love children! For more information, a Brunch & Learn will be held on September 26 in Barrie- registration required.