You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Education Support (Training Programs)
There are 6 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
- Join Staff as they lead adult, youth, and school groups on outdoor experiences at the Wye Marsh on foot, snowshoes or cross country skis, or by kayak and canoe.
- Assist Staff delivering environmental education programs in English and/or French
- Support weekend public programs
- Help out with special events
As a Client Support Volunteer, you will assist clients of CONTACT's Housing Services Department to identify, collect and compile various documents and forms they might need to apply for housing services in Simcoe County.
You will connect with them by phone or in-person at the CONTACT Community Services offices in Bradford and Alliston, or in public locations like libraries or a local Tim Horton's.
You will help them identify, photograph and email copies of documents, such as their ID, Rental Agreements, Income Statements and other documents that are needed to access support services.
In some cases, you will assist them to complete forms.
You will be able to connect directly with CONTACT's Housing Staff to get support or answers when you're not sure of next steps.
This role is important because it frees up time for Housing Staff to help clients find and access housing and other support services they might need, by limiting the amout of time spent collecting client documents and completing forms with them.
You will be required to sign a confidentiality agreement and not share or disclose client information to others.
Other volunteer positions include administrative roles on community councils (fundraising, secretary, public relations, etc.).
Be trained to conduct education sessions on fracture prevention to seniors at seniors centres, retirement homes and active living programs.
Once fully trained, you will help us assist the police to search for lost and missing persons, and respond to emergencies in the community (e.g. natural disaster cleanup and support)
Applicants are asked to fill out the application form on our website.
As a French language volunteer, you will play a key role in our educational initiatives, providing language support and cultural insights to individuals seeking to improve their French language skills.
- Conduct group French language tutoring sessions.
- Assist in developing French language learning materials and activities
- Participate in cultural exchange to share aspects of French culture
- Collaborate with our team to create an engaging and supportive online learning environment