You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Field Trip Aide / Community Outing Support
There are 12 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
- Attending activities, programs, and/or events with residents
- One-on-one visits with residents; spending time chatting, playing card games, doing puzzles, crafts
- Accompanying them on walks either within the building or outdoors (weather permitting)
- Miscellaneous duties as needed
- For now, we require volunteers to do:
- Telephone check-ins with our Consumers
- Organizational/administrative assistance for our Connecting with Seniors program
- Opportunity to do crafting or recipe videos for our social media outlets
- Other opportunities that can be done safely from home.
- Grooming and tack up of the horse
- Leading of the horse for warm-up
- Control of the horse during class
- Un-tack horse and cleanup of equipment
- Support the rider as necessary to balance
- Assist rider to complete skills as needed
- Assist leader with tack and cleanup
- Provide rides for seniors for the Day Away program and appointments.
- Pick up and drop off clients at a scheduled time
- Provide companionship and friendship to an isolated senior or adult living with a disability by making at-home or over-the-phone visits on a regular basis
- Assist clients with activities that they are no longer able to do by themselves and which are of interest to the client: reading, writing, playing cards/games
- Provide a periodic monitoring of the client's well being
United Way of Bruce Grey has over 100 volunteers each year that participate in a variety of volunteer positions. They play an important role in helping us achieve our vision and mission.
- Some of our volunteer positions include the following:
- Office Administration
- Board of Directors
- Special Event Assistants
Support individuals with intellectual impairments by taking them to and from jobs. Monitoring them on a job once they have been trained. Reading with a group of people, assisting on outings swimming etc.