You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Food Services / Nutrition
There are 37 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Duties may include: Busser, Usher, Greeter, Tour Guide, Children's Crafts helper or Exhibit Animator.
Deliver donated food to Individuals and families in South Georgian Bay.
Willingness to build joyful relationships!
Provides volunteer opportunities in non-profit healthcare.
Current programs offering volunteer opportunities include:
- mental health programs
- physical exercise groups
- nutrition education
- chronic disease management groups
- programs for individuals living with chronic pain or chronic health conditions
- gardening program
- social support groups, hobbies and crafts groups, and more
EligibilityAge requirement: 16 years and older.Application ProcessE-mail the health centre at email@example.com, phone or apply via the website.
Duties include supporting two separate locations with:
- Food bank operations
- Thrift store operations
- Loading and unloading of inventory
Volunteers help with packing fruits and vegetables for monthly good food box orders
- Positions include:
- Shopper/cooks: Develop menu, shop within budget, cook meal - 12 Noon-5:30 pm
- Prep/set-up: Prepare meal and set up hall - 2 pm-3:30 pm
- Servers: Greet community members, serve meal - 4 pm-7 pm
- Clean-up: Clean up after meal - 5:30 pm-7 pm
- Work with a team of volunteers to sort fruits and vegetables into individual orders
- Handle food gently and hygienically, and arrange the boxes for maximum appeal
- Assist with packing site set-up and clean-up Good Fox Box pack takes place in the following communities: Thornbury, Neyaashiinigmiing, Chesley, Chatsworth, Dundalk, Durham, Hanover, Kincardine, Lion's Head, Lucknow, Markdale, Meaford, Owen Sound, Port Elgin, Saugeen First Nation, Tara, Teeswater, Wiarton, Sauble Beach, and Walkerton.
- Pick up prepared hot meals
- Deliver the designated meal to client’s homes on a pre-determined schedule
- Provide professional customer service when delivering meals
- The program focuses on core themes including:
- Body image
- Balanced eating/activities
- Physical activity
- Building healthy relationships
Please call beforehand to ensure volunteer positions are available
- Coffee Kiosk and Gift Shop, duties include:
- Preparation of coffee & tea
- Cash handling
- Providing friendly and efficient service to our patients, physicians, staff, volunteers and visitors
- Cook, bake, gardening
- Activities with residence
- Supporting with activities of daily living
- Drive suuplies to people seeking assistance
- Sort thourgh inventory
- Stock shelves
We are always looking for ambitious, compassionate, committed volunteers to join our team. There are a variety of positions available to fit your talents, gifts and experience.
- Available positions:
- Kitchen Assistant
- Drivers needed to pick-up food donations
- Friendly Visiting, Coffee Social
- Knitting, Painting, Crafts
- Scrabble Players, Bingo Caller, Pin Setters for Bowling
- Assisting in the Dining Room and Program Set up
- Movie Night Volunteer
- Friendly Reminder Volunteer
- Musical Talent
- Provide companionship
- Assisting in the Culinary Department.
Packing Orders: Receiving orders via our website, volunteers will pack up individual orders by their designated pick-up time. They must ensure that orders are packed up accurately and in a timely manner.
Driving: We need volunteers to drive to local partner stores to pick up donated food then drive it to our location in downtown Barrie (80 Bradford St Suite 601). The majority of the driving will be completed between the hours of 8:00am and 9:00am daily, with some occasional afternoon pick-ups as well.
Inventory: Using Shopify, volunteers and employees update the product inventory information. Quantities of items need to be maintained and product photos updated periodically.
- Volunteers needed to prepare and serve simple meal to students, some schools bring food trays into classrooms.
- Volunteers needed to prepare trays for delivery to classes and also for clean up of kitchen area, help with grocery shopping or fundraising for food.
• Arrive at the Meal Source at the prearranged time.
• Deliver meals in the order they appear on the route sheet/book.
• Converse with client to check on client’s well being.
• Report any problems or concerns encountered in carrying out duties to Home and Community Support Services of Grey-Bruce.
Two sites: Camphill Nottawasaga, near Angus and Camphill Sophia Creek in Barrie.
Camphill Sophia Creek (Barrie)
- work in the mosaic studio
- help with meal preparation in the Cafe
- assist with recreational activities, music sessions and cultural outings, Bingo events and other special events such as Fall Fairs
Camphill Nottawasaga (Angus)
- help with programs in woodworking, pottery, candlemaking, and bakery/meal preparation
- can be involved in maple syrup production, working in the vegetable gardens and caring for livestock (Highland cows horses and goats)
Both locations need volunteers to help with set-up, cash management and take-down at our Farmers Markets
We are looking for an Admin Coordinator to:
Assist with downloading online orders from website and compiling order list on the first Thursday of the month
Assist with emailing box contents list to participants
Assist with emailing reminders to participants before pick-up day
Report to the Barrie Good Food Box Coordinator and work with the Pack Day Leader to ensure a smooth pack day each month
Various opportunities available such as board member, warehouse roles, client intake and cart preparation. Click here to see details and to sign up: https://www.barriefoodbank.org/get-involved/
The Pack Day Leader assists the Barrie Good Food Box Coordinator at the Barrie Free Methodist Church on the second Wednesday of every month.
Arrive at the church at 9 am on the second Wednesday of every month
Assit with greeting volunteers and directing them to set up the pack stations
Assit with overseeing the unloading of the truck when it arrives
Assit with overseeing the packing of the food
Help maintain enthusiasm among volunteers
We are looking for volunteers to assist with "pack day" on the second Wednesday of the month between 9 am-6 pm at the Barrie Free Methodist Church (284 Cundles Rd E).
Volunteers unload the food from the truck, pack the boxes, greet people and give boxes to participants when they arrive to pick up, and general cleanup duties.
We are also looking for volunteer drivers to deliver food to schools and "pay-it-forward" recipients.
Help to deliver meals to residents in your community for the meals on wheels program.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BOARD MEMBER(S)
Below are key accountabilities of Board Members:
· Familiarity with the organization’s mandate, vision, mission, and values;
· Review and provide input on policies and by-laws;
· Provide input on the strategic plan for the organization;
· Attend and engage in Board and Committee meetings and contribute to the discussion;
· Represent the organization in public and private forums;
· Help the organization grow by fostering relationships among our stakeholders, suppliers, funders, and public officials;
· Respect and treat all matters related to Barrie Food Bank with confidentiality and sensitivity;
· Support fundraising activities as required.
* assist with client based activities such as arts and crafts, meal times
* assist with special events and programs
* Café assistance serving food, clearing tables etc.
* physical maintenance of the residence and landscape
Make a difference in the lives of our patients. Whether you want to volunteer directly with patients or support their care at RVH, we have an opportunity that is right for you.
To explore the opportunities available to volunteer in at RVH, visit this link: https://www.rvh.on.ca/careers/volunteering/volunteer-opportunities/
To fill out an application, click this link and select 'Apply to Be a Volunteer Now'. If you are a student looking to join our summer program, please select 'Join Our Summer Program'.