You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Food Services / Nutrition
There are 38 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
Deliver donated food to Individuals and families in South Georgian Bay.
Willingness to build joyful relationships!
Provides volunteer opportunities in non-profit healthcare.
Current programs offering volunteer opportunities include:
- mental health programs
- physical exercise groups
- nutrition education
- chronic disease management groups
- programs for individuals living with chronic pain or chronic health conditions
- physiotherapy programs
- social support groups, hobbies and crafts groups, and more
EligibilityAge requirement: 16 years and older.Application ProcessE-mail the health centre at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone or apply via the website.
Want to make a big difference in Northumberland County by bringing peace of mind, kindness and a big box of nutritious food to Seniors in our community?
As the cost of living continues to rise, food choices for Seniors are being negatively impacted. To address the growing needs of Seniors, Northumberland Fare Share Food Bank is creating the new SOS Program. The SOS Program will provide fresh produce and other essential items to Senior Neighbours twice a month.
Volunteer now to get in on the ground floor of the new SOS Program. The Foodbank is seeking individuals with innovative ideas, happy smiles and a few free hours twice a month to help run this food box program. This unique program will launch in October 2022.
We are currently seeking Volunteers:
- To brainstorm the new program’s format and implementation
- For leadership roles
- To liaise with the community
- To pack food boxes
- To deliver food boxes to Seniors’ homes, or community agencies
Duties include supporting two separate locations with:
- Food bank operations
- Thrift store operations
- Loading and unloading of inventory
Volunteers help with packing fruits and vegetables for monthly good food box orders
- Positions include:
- Shopper/cooks: Develop menu, shop within budget, cook meal - 12 Noon-5:30 pm
- Prep/set-up: Prepare meal and set up hall - 2 pm-3:30 pm
- Servers: Greet community members, serve meal - 4 pm-7 pm
- Clean-up: Clean up after meal - 5:30 pm-7 pm
- Work with a team of volunteers to sort fruits and vegetables into individual orders
- Handle food gently and hygienically, and arrange the boxes for maximum appeal
- Assist with packing site set-up and clean-up Good Fox Box pack takes place in the following communities: Thornbury, Neyaashiinigmiing, Chesley, Chatsworth, Dundalk, Durham, Hanover, Kincardine, Lion's Head, Lucknow, Markdale, Meaford, Owen Sound, Port Elgin, Saugeen First Nation, Tara, Teeswater
- Pick up prepared hot meals
- Deliver the designated meal to client’s homes on a pre-determined schedule
- Provide professional customer service when delivering meals
- The program focuses on core themes including:
- Body image
- Balanced eating/activities
- Physical activity
- Building healthy relationships
Please call beforehand to ensure volunteer positions are available
- Coffee Kiosk and Gift Shop, duties include:
- Preparation of coffee & tea
- Cash handling
- Providing friendly and efficient service to our patients, physicians, staff, volunteers and visitors
- Cook, bake, gardening
- Activities with residence
- Supporting with activities of daily living
- Drive suuplies to people seeking assistance
- Sort thourgh inventory
- Stock shelves
- Available positions:
- Kitchen Assistant
- Drivers needed to pick-up food donations
- Friendly Visiting, Coffee Social
- Knitting, Painting, Crafts
- Scrabble Players, Bingo Caller, Pin Setters for Bowling
- Assisting in the Dining Room and Program Set up
- Movie Night Volunteer
- Friendly Reminder Volunteer
- Musical Talent
- Provide companionship
- Assisting in the Culinary Department.
Packing Orders: Receiving orders via our website, volunteers will pack up individual orders by their designated pick-up time. They must ensure that orders are packed up accurately and in a timely manner.
Driving: We need volunteers to drive to local partner stores to pick up donated food then drive it to our location in downtown Barrie (80 Bradford St Suite 601). The majority of the driving will be completed between the hours of 8:00am and 9:00am daily, with some occasional afternoon pick-ups as well.
Inventory: Using Shopify, volunteers and employees update the product inventory information. Quantities of items need to be maintained and product photos updated periodically.
- Volunteers needed to prepare and serve simple meal to students, some schools bring food trays into classrooms.
- Volunteers needed to prepare trays for delivery to classes and also for clean up of kitchen area, help with grocery shopping or fundraising for food.
• If delivering with another volunteer, meet volunteer and pick up route sheet.
• Deliver meals in the order they appear on the route sheet/book.
• At the client’s home. Knock loudly and call out “Meals on Wheels”.
• Place hot meals on client’s table. If delivering frozen meals, offer to place in freezer.
• Retrieve empty tray and previous days’ dishes for return to Meal Source.
• Converse with client to check on client’s well being.
• Report any problems or concerns encountered in carrying out duties to Home and Community Support Services of Grey Bruce.
Camphill Sophia Creek (Barrie)
- work in the mosaic studio
- help with meal preparation in the Cafe
- assist with recreational activities, music sessions and cultural outings, Bingo events and other special events such as Fall Fairs
- help with programs in woodworking, pottery, candlemaking, and bakery/meal preparation
- can be involved in maple syrup production, working in the vegetable gardens and caring for livestock (Highland cows and horses)
Download online orders from website and compile order list on the first Thursday of the month
Pick up cash orders from order sites on the Thursday morning before the pack
Submit the order total to the supplier
Email box contents list to participants
Send email reminders to participants before pick-up day
Work with the pack day leader to ensure a smooth pack day each month (print the pickup sheets, coordinate volunteers)
Various opportunities available such as board member, warehouse roles, client intake and cart preparation. Click here to see details and to sign up: https://www.barriefoodbank.org/get-involved/
Arrive at the church at 9 am on the second Wednesday of every month
Greet volunteers and direct them to set up the pack stations
Oversee the unloading of the truck when it arrives
Manage and oversee the pack
Ensure that pickup process flows smoothly (phone calls are made mid-afternoon to participants who have not picked up boxes, phone/email/Facebook messages are checked)
Ensure deliveries are completed to the social service agencies (pay-it-forward boxes)
Barrie Bingo Hall - shifts are every other Sunday from 1pm-3pm
Volunteers must be 18+
We ask that volunteers do one shift every other month.
MS Walk - Five MS Walks in Simcoe County: Barrie, Collingwood, Midland, Orillia, New Tecumseth (Alliston) - all take place on the first Sunday in May.
Be a walker - walk on your own or form a team.
Be a committee member.
Volunteer on the day of the event.
MS Leap of Faith Beach Volleyball Tournament (Tyndale Park, Barrie) on the third Saturday in July.
Form a team and compete.
Be a committee member.
Volunteer on the day of the event.
Volunteers unload the food from the truck, pack the boxes, greet people and give boxes to participants when they arrive to pick up, and general cleanup duties.
We are also looking for volunteer drivers to deliver food to the "pay-it-forward" recipients.
* assist with special events and programs
* general office help including reception desk
* Café assistance serving food, clearing tables etc.
* physical maintenance of the residence and landscape
*In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, all RVH volunteer services and all volunteer recruitment have been suspended. We are currently not accepting applications at this time. Please check our website (www.rvh.on.ca/careers/volunteering/) in the future for updated information regarding opportunities to volunteer.
Please contact the Volunteer Resources office to discuss a wide variety of opportunities. Some include: Patient Experience, Information & Wayfinding, Retail (Café Royale and Victoria's Gift Shop & Fundraising, Outpatient and Visitor Support, and Administrative Support.