You performed a search for: Areas of Interest: Music & Performing Arts
There are 31 record(s) that match your criteria.
Click on the Position Title to view the full details of the record
- Various opportunities inculding:
- Friendly visiting
- Activity programming. ie. crafts, coffee socials, inter-generational programs
- Student placements and internships (College/Universities)
- Meal assistance
- Pet visitor
- Music volunteer
- Simcoe Cycling without Age bike program
Scan patrons tickets on entry to the theatre.
Assist them in finding their seat(s).
Provide assistance as needed, including lighting by flashlight, when entering or leaving the theatre during a performance.
Put seats up and pick up paper, water bottles etc. after theatre is emptied. Rubber gloves and garbage bags are supplied.
Art in the open air- it doesn’t get much better than that! Similar to the Backstage Volunteer, this is a chance to help create some magic, plus enjoy the outdoors! We need energetic, team players to help install and break down our outdoor events- this is an all-access pass to summer festival fun.
As a Volunteer, you would attend monthly meetings, help out with special events, and may take on responsibilities for specific duties - ie. advertising, concession stand, etc.
There are a variety of volunteer opportunities.
- Assists activity coordinator with different activities such as:
- Special events
- Friendly visiting
- Other duties around residence
- Board Members needed! Seeking volunteers with experience in:
- Grant writing
- Publicity or strategic planning in Education or Arts
The goal is to be flexible and assist someone on this journey with whatever they might require. It could be physical, but usually it is emotional support and advocacy. Once the match has been made, the client and the volunteer set a time schedule that is good for both. Visiting volunteers provide support to our clients in the comfort of the clients home home, where ever home may be; their house, long term care facility or hospital.
Smart Serve Certified volunteers needed as bartenders
Volunteers needed to help set up and/or run events including concerts, community dinners, major fundraisers, and other events.
Work may involve setting up chairs and tables, greeting patrons at the door, checking proof of vaccination (according to current government mandates), checking tickets, and offering information about the venue as needed to patrons.
Volunteers are always welcome to stay and watch the show, or leave if they need to. We often are in need of volunteers to help clean up following events.
Duties are geared to ability and you will never be asked to do something you're not comfortable with or haven't received training for.
Volunteers sometimes come in to help with special projects, for example recently we had a great team work on re-organizing some of the storage spaces in the building to support our work.
You can also volunteer as a Board or committee member and assist with the ongoing operations of the Marsh Street Centre in a more hands on way.
Perform musically for geriatric patients at the Owen Sound Hospital
Volunteers can assist with a variety of activities and programs including:
Recreation programs (games, arts and crafts)
Small Group Programs (cards, reading, knitting)
Special events and Entertainment
Special Interest Presentations
Community Bus Outings
One to one friendly visits
Hair dresser & In home Wellness appointments
General office assistance and Front Desk Screening
Physiotherapy/ Fitness classes
- Support our Social Recreation Coordinator with the delivery of varied programs for people living with dementia.
- Ensure that participants are engaged
- Some light set up and clean up of the space for each program
- Training as appropriate for each course
- Volunteers participate in the activities along with the participants - It's fun!
- This program may be held virtually during the pandemic. A computer would be a requirement to volunteer in that case
Two sites: Camphill Nottawasaga, near Angus and Camphill Sophia Creek in Barrie.
Camphill Sophia Creek (Barrie)
- work in the mosaic studio
- help with meal preparation in the Cafe
- assist with recreational activities, music sessions and cultural outings, Bingo events and other special events such as Fall Fairs
Camphill Nottawasaga (Angus)
- help with programs in woodworking, pottery, candlemaking, and bakery/meal preparation
- can be involved in maple syrup production, working in the vegetable gardens and caring for livestock (Highland cows horses and goats)
Both locations need volunteers to help with set-up, cash management and take-down at our Farmers Markets
We are looking for 1/2 hour of music entertainment for our seniors. Weekly or monthly.
Our community based day program is attended by seniors with dementia.
Contact Lori Waring either by phone or email to set up a time. We are always searching for individuals or groups to come in and provide entertainment to our clients for our adult day program providing social recreational and therapeutic activities for seniors and adults who are frail, cognitively impaired, and/or isolated, and/or physically challenged.
The Huronia Community Foundation is seeking community leaders to join our volunteer Board of Directors. The Foundation builds financial legacies that support education, arts and culture, the environment and health and social services in North Simcoe (Midland, Penetanguishene, Tiny, Tay and Christian Island) and Southern Goerigan Bay (Wasaga Beach, Collingwood, Springwater, Clearview Townships)
Board members are expected to:
- attend monthly board meetings (1.5 hours on the fourth Tuesday from 8:00 am to 9:30 am)
- attend the Annual General meeting
- comitt the time and resources to serve on the Board
- Acitively participate on 2 or more Board Comittees
- Represent the Foundation in the community and attend Foundation events
Please complete the application form on our website www.huroniacommunityfoundation.com or at this URL
* assist with client based activities such as arts and crafts, meal times
* assist with special events and programs
* Café assistance serving food, clearing tables etc.
* physical maintenance of the residence and landscape
Volunteer opportunity for individuals interested in facilitating recreation programs including: arts & crafts, outings, friendly visiting, bingo, exercise programs, computer programs, reading programs, special events and more!
Help Senior Wish expand into Simcoe County to ensure that no senior is left isolated, alone and feeling like society has forgotten them. Help is especially needed to prepare for our Christmas Wish program starting in Sept.
Various volunteer opportunities, including ushering, bingo, set up and tear down of sets, data entry, assist with administrative duties and assisting with inventory of costumes and props. There are also opportunities to help with one time special events.
* taking tickets,
* distributing programs
* responding to questions in reference to what is playing, history of orchestra
* be available from 1:00 pm to 6:00 pm on day of Concert
* helping with beverages at break time
* cleaning and or setting up for the concert
* re directing people to the appropriate doors for ticket purchases
* amongst other duties as assigned by the volunteer coordinator